Technical Services Manager – 883916
|· Audit all departments in conjunction with BRC requirements and ensure that the site has robust BRC standards at all times
· Inclusive and positive management of the site Quality Assurance function within the site ensuring the team promote high standards and strive to continually improve the site
· Ensure robust compliance to CCP’s within the site
· To support production to actively maintain technical standards advising on how to tackle issues that may compromise technical integrity. Work with managers/supervisors to set and achieve Quality and Technical targets, providing information of non-conforming and developing solutions to prevent recurring issues and process deviation and develop robust Technical Standards
· To Maintain an up to date HACCP Food Safety Management system and Chair the HACCP Food Safety Team
· To Maintain an improvement plan for departmental KPI’s to actively improve Technical KPI’s through the implementation of robust action plans which deliver results
· Maintain and review internal procedures and documentation as set by BRC requirements.
· Ensure full traceability is achievable and routinely tested
· Set a plan for the compliance of allergen control and future vegan production on the site alongside the Hygiene Manager
· Liaise with customers and suppliers on Quality and Technical issues, including all non-conformances. Develop a positive working relationship with customers based on sound evidence, judgement and positive attitude
· Liaise with laboratory to assure analytical and microbiological status of the product. Maintain microbiological surveillance and drive corrective actions, environmental and finished product standards and compliance.
· Review complaints on a regular basis and trend analysis and action plans around customer complaints.
· Prepare and facilitate third party audits alongside the site Head of Technical.
· Introduce and implement changes in relation to quality and food safety in line with legislative changes.
Work in conjunction with the Hygiene Manager to achieve excellent standards of hygiene and to ensure that hygiene practices within areas are adequate to ensure safety standards.
- To liaise with local authorities on all technical legislation to ensure company compliance as a food manufacturing site.
- To manage, coach and develop direct reports to make decisions and demonstrate a pro-active approach to problem-solving.
- Must have a good level of English literacy and numeracy. Attention to detail is essential and a conscientious nature to ensure all tasks are completed.
- Relevant experience in a similar environment with good working knowledge of food manufacturing operating procedures.
- Internal Auditing experience and knowledge.
- General process and product knowledge
- Knowledge of key legislation relating to the food industry
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.