Technical Manager – FTC 3 Months
- Continually develop and maintain the Company quality management system and HACCP.
- Act upon legislation and guidelines to ensure that manufacturing is conducted legally.
- Advise on hygiene and housekeeping, factory fabrication and food handling practices to ensure products are produced in a food safe environment.
- Ensure compliance to customer’s policies and standards and the BRC Global Standard for food safety.
- Provide information and expertise to external customers on all food safety and quality related matters.
- Comply with the customers standards and policies.
- Be the main contact for customer audits. Liaise with customer/third party auditor(s). Ensure all documentation is available.
- Implement agreed corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance to relevant standards e.g. RSPO, MSC, etc.
- Monitor and complete internal audits.
- Advise on food safety and hygiene.
- Ensure maintenance of customer and raw material specifications.
- Liaise and co-operate with the production and commercial teams to ensure that customers are supplied with food products which are safe to eat and that the quality complies with the customer specifications.
- Liaise and co-operate with the production and commercial teams to ensure that products meet current legislation standards and that they are produced under methods of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Oversee launch of new products and artwork approval system.
- Conduct supplier audits as required.
- Set objectives and team and individual KPI’s based on the consumer focused business plan and monitoring these objectives and KPI’s to ensure they are met.
Suitable for an experienced technical manager who has worked in an SME organisation
- A passion for delivering results and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent decision making and problem-solving skills.
- A passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience.
- Ability to be flexible to meet business needs.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- A team player.
- Self-motivated and a strong commitment to personal development.
- Professional approach and attitude.
- Knowledge of HACCP, BRC and retail audit requirements.
- Knowledge of food legislation standards.
- Awareness of Health and Safety legislation and regulations.
- Advanced Food Hygiene Certificate.
Hours of Work
- Hours of work will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Thursday, 9.00am to 4.00pm on Friday.
Other Relevant Information:
- The post holder must be willing to travel as and when it is required.
- On occasions there will be a requirement for the post holder to be flexible with their working hours to fit with the needs of the business.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.