Technical Manager – 884220 – £Competitive
To lead and develop a high performing Technical team, focusing on training and development through annual reviews and consistently striving to improve team performance on a day to day basis.
- Engage the whole team across the site to buy into the technical agenda in order to help achieve the set goals.
- Head up the site training plan with regards to food safety, CCPs, quality briefs, allergens, microbiology awareness and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- To continuously improve the Quality Culture Plan by encouraging the wider team to embrace the standards set.
- Provide a strong presence in the factory and on site by spending time there daily. During this time to have a particular focus on hygiene standards and GMP.
- Manage the site HACCP and its use to facilitate food safety of our products.
- Ensure site compliance to the latest BRC version standard and the also site approval to this standard, be fully up to date with the manual and any updates.
- Maintain and review internal procedures and documentation as set by BRC requirements and specific customer requirements.
- Ensure full traceability is achievable and routinely test / review.
- Supplier specifications for all raw materials to be maintained and up to date. Library to be kept for the relevant information and documentation.
- Site quality risk assessments and validations to be completed for raw and finished product for allergens, microbiology for process, product and the environment.
- Finished product specifications to be kept up to date.
- Customer specification systems to be completed and maintained in a very timely manner
- To ensure that all areas have adequate pest control mechanisms in place limiting any threat to food safety, and to work closely with the pest control provider
- Manage and maintain the quality system for all procedures ensuring document control.
- Internal auditing schedules to be followed and audit corrective actions followed up.
To periodically spend time on each shift, including night shift and weekend deep clean shifts in order to maintain contact with every part of the operation and the teams involved.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.