Technical Manager 883970 £ Generous package
|Site Technical Lead ensuring best practice and that the highest levels of quality, hygiene and compliance are met within the Operational and the Technical team.
To be the guidance and custodian around all food safety issues for the site.
To be part of the senior management team steering decisions and activities on the site.
Role and Responsibilities
- To lead and develop a high performing Technical team, focusing on training and development through annual reviews and consistently striving to improve team performance on a day to day basis.
- Engage the whole team across the site to buy into the technical agenda in order to help achieve the set goals.
- Head up the site training plan with regards to food safety, CCPs, quality briefs, allergens, microbiology awareness and Good Manufacturing Practices.
- To continuously improve the Quality Culture Plan by encouraging the wider team to embrace the standards set.
- Provide a strong presence in the factory, during this time to have a particular focus on hygiene standards and GMP.
- To drive shopfloor standards around GMP, Hygiene & food safety.
- To line manage the NPD developer. There will be a close link with the Commercial Manager with regard to NPD demand
- Manage the site HACCP and its use to facilitate food safety of products.
- Ensure site compliance to the latest BRC version standard and the also site approval to this standard, be fully up to date with the manual and any updates.
- Maintain and review internal procedures and documentation as set by BRC requirements and specific customer requirements.
- Ensure full traceability is achievable and routinely test / review.
- • Supplier specifications for all raw materials to be maintained and up to date. Library to be kept for the relevant information and documentation
Site quality risk assessments and validations to be completed for raw and finished product for allergens, microbiology for process, product and the environment.
• Finished product specifications to be kept up to date.
• Customer specification systems to be completed and maintained in a very timely manner.
• To ensure that all areas have adequate pest control mechanisms in place limiting any threat to food safety, and to work closely with the pest control provider.
• Manage and maintain the quality system for all procedures ensuring document control.
• Internal auditing schedules to be followed and audit corrective actions followed up.
• Liaise with suppliers on quality and technical issues, including warranted non-conformances.
• Responsible for overseeing customer complaints, whilst ensuring comprehensive responses are actioned quickly to key customers such as Iceland, Aldi and Tesco.
• Review complaints on a regular basis and work to continuously reduce CPM.
• Requirement for up to date, in depth knowledge, of individual customer standards to ensure these are met consistently.
• Make meaningful use of the microbiological results for suppliers, highlighting best and worst suppliers and where potential further action is needed.
• Ensure that the set temperature parameters across the factory are maintained at all times (Site Engineer to be responsible for overseeing repairs and maintenance).
• Oversee the MCG system, ensuring that it is maintained and adhered to in respect of its function for managing shelf-life.
• Responsible for managing the daily Concession report from MCG and making the appropriate decisions for products that have been placed on hold.
• To ensure that hygiene practices within areas are adequate to ensure safety standards.
• To support production to actively maintain technical standards, advising on how to tackle issues that may compromise technical integrity.
• Taste panel and product quality reviews to be completed and data used to make improvements.
• Process paperwork to completed to standard at all times, non-conformances to be raised where appropriate.
• Ensure routine checks completed by the QA’s are to a high standard.
• To actively improve Technical KPI’s through the implementation of robust action plans which deliver results.
• Responsible for auditing suppliers as requested by the business.
External Parties, Authorities, Customers and Suppliers, Regulation & Compliance
- Responsible for dealing with the local EHO and maintaining a good working relationship.
- Liaise and respond to the FSA and Trading Standards as necessary.
- To liaise with local authorities on all technical legislation to ensure company compliance as a food manufacturing site.
- To keep abreast of changes in relevant food safety legislation, and to make sure the business remains compliant.
- Ensure that we comply with Trading Standards Average Weight requirements.
- Ensure the company meets its full waste obligations under the Environment Agency requirements. (Along with the Health & Safety Manager).
- Support site Health and Safety and lead by example on this.
- Manage relations Technically with our customers being professional, quick responding and meeting their requirements.
- This could be the major retailers and also members of the public.
- Head up site technical visits and audits ensuring the team are fully aware of all requirements.
Communication and presence on site
- Immediately escalate all key information to the senior management team to ensure issues are acted on immediately to protect food safety and business integrity.
- Provide quality, relevant technical information to the site to ensure the team are aware of key information. Using key channels to achieve this such as Factory noticeboard, Daily QA reports, Monthly Quality pack with full KPI’s, Senior Management and daily morning meetings.
- Cost conscious on departmental budget for repairs, calibration, overtime and labour.
- Look for ways of reducing cost without compromising Technical standards. Prepare, justify and manage department labour and material costs ensuring the department runs efficiently and effectively.
- Oversee microbiological testing schedule within agreed budget and covering agreed range of areas to analyse.
|· Professional and proactive work ethic.
· Excellent problem solving and analysis.
· High attention to detail.
· Driving performance by working collaboratively and engaging with technical and the factory teams.
· Ability to build excellent relationships with both internal and external customers.
· Natural enthusiasm and ability to lead by example.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.