Technical Manager – 883849 – £45000-£50000
As the Technical Manager you will lead the technical function ensuring legislative compliance to food safety within a manufacturing environment, you will interface directly with the customer regarding compliance to food safety and quality issues, making sure procedures are in place to manage food safety and quality systems e.g. HACCP, GMP and to liaise external bodies with regards to compliance audits e.g. BRC & follow up any non-conformances with robust, timely action plans.
- To develop and maintain a close working relationship with customer, whether on or off site. It is critical that confidence is established through clear and timely communication, decisive actions based on sound evidence and judgement and a positive attitude to resolving any issues which may arise.
- To ensure technical activities on site are robustly structured and managed in such a way as to comply with relevant industry standards (including BRC Global Standard v8), corporate guidelines and all associated retailer codes of practice.
- To ensure that departmental expenditure is regularly reviewed and managed, with exceptions reported to next level management with robust action plans to address.
- To ensure new product development programmes run to agreed timescales and generate appropriate costing information. Critical path management for product approval, artwork, technical verification (nutritional/micro) and verification of key brand values.
- Ensuring regular reviews are held with the direct team members, including performance reviews, one to ones and updating and maintaining of relevant training matrices.
- Ideally degree educated, Food Science/Technology or Microbiology qualification preferred
- Proven experience at a similar level in food manufacturing, ideally chilled high risk foods
- Retailer experience
- Experience of driving cultural change and dealing with a complex high volume factory
- Would suit an existing Technical Manager, or high calibre Quality Manager looking for the next step-up
- Man-management experience
- Process/Product Development experience would be beneficial
- Excellent communication/presentation skills will be essential as daily dialogue will need to be maintained
- Good working knowledge of BRC Global Standard (ideally version 8)
- Know when and how to escalate decisions and how to control the ensuing chain of events
- Consistent approach
- All decision based on sound scientific judgement, rather than guesswork
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.