Technical Manager – 883833
As site Technical Manager you will be responsible for the Quality and Food Safety Function. You will provide assurance that the products supplied by the company meets statutory, company policy and agreed customer requirements for Food Safety and Quality through implementation of the Quality System and the application of due diligence procedures and Best Practices.
Responsibilities; to be discharged through direct action and effective leadership of and delegation to the Technical Team; include:
- You will work with your own team and with management colleagues and all staff across departments to ensure that the quality of all products is being maintained, meets customer specification
- To ensure the validity and appropriateness of the HACCP Plan for all products.
- To provide technical expertise and advice in areas of Food safety and legal requirements so as to support the achievement of business vision, needs and KPI goals.
- To develop, and improve on an on-going basis the quality systems and process plans for the site operation and ensure consistency with the company and agreed customer requirements along with meeting FSAI and EC rules and regulations.
- Develop and implement technical improvement projects in response to non-conformances exposed through audits and customer complaints.
- Successful maintenance of food standards that support Food Safety & Quality e.g. BRC Standard and associated GFSI standards
- Regulatory Affairs – keep the company informed on any impending legislation changes, scientific and technical developments, codes of practice or other changes.
- HACCP Leader
- Responsibility for Technical Related Training within the company at all levels:
- Management of the Technical relationship with all clients.
- Management of the Technical Relationship with all suppliers and service providers:
- Establishment of meaningful Food Safety & quality measures and reporting on same; by using direct outputs of the daily operation; your departments checks and audits.
- Management of Customer Complaints and Product Related Insurance Claims
- Internal Auditing
- Arrangement of External Auditing of the site including the use of a consultant for the purpose of unexpected audits four times per year.
- Participation in the R&D Steering process for all strategic projects (those projects which involve a new ingredient, component, product type, key product parameters which may affect safety or shelf life, process, piece of equipment, packaging or product application compared to that which is already in the business and is well understood.
- Responsibility for risk assessment of products in each customer’s application.
- Risk Assessment of all new engineering, processing equipment and plant service related proposed investments or modifications from Food Safety and Clean-ability standpoints.
- To develop the Technical team by leading by example, advising in a technical capacity, encouraging teamwork and contributions, along with communicating on key goals and information.
- To set meaningful and measurable goals for departmental members, monitor progress and give regular feedback along with support for improvement and encouragement for individual development
- You will hold a relevant 3rd level qualification in a Food Science related subject
- You must have previous experience within food manufacturing technical or quality management. Experience in Prepared Foods, particularly in Ready To Eat or High Risk Foods and experience in more than one company would be an advantage.
- Previous experience with working with UK retailers and their audits and requirements is important.
- Experience of working with BRC audits is important.
- Experience of managing projects, managing people and managing colleagues to achieve results is essential.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines within a fast paced environment is important
- You must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work on your own initiative.
- HACCP principles and practice
- Hygiene & disinfection principles.
- Internal auditing qualification and/or previous experience.
- Excellent micro awareness and the ability to interpret results.
- Allergen management experience.
Good interpersonal skills, a high level of personal confidence and the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels is essential.
- An assertive and decisive yet balanced, calm and approachable character and way of working.
- Good judgement skills and the provision of solutions to challenges would be key to success in a busy factory producing a number of types of products and engaging in business development.
- An ability to withstand pressure and to effectively champion the cause of food safety within the business is essential.
- You must be highly organized and flexible to meet the needs of the business
- You must be able to travel in order to meet the requirements of the role.
- A high level of autonomy, understood to be necessary for creativity and innovation is envisaged to be afforded a suitable candidate. A calm, balanced, confident and self – motivated person would be a good fit for the role.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.