Technical Manager – 883697 – c£35,000
Title: Technical Manager Reference: 883697
Location: South Wales
A highly-respected, well-established and award-winning privately business which prides itself on the values of traditional recipes and great craftsmanship. A business that is passionate in providing the freshest and best quality products for their customers, using locally-sourced ingredients wherever possible.
They produce an extensive range of delicious products using the freshest components available, factors which attribute to their high quality of product and service.
- Ensure that all products meet required standards for product safety, quality and legality.
- Ensure that Quality Systems & Policies throughout the site meet the requirements of the BRC Global Food Standard, AIB Consolidated Standard for Food Safety and relevant Customer Codes of Practice
- Drive improvements in site standards& product quality whilst reducing consumer complaints
- Implement and maintain HACCP systems for all processes so as to assure product safety, quality and legality.
- Act as the HACCP Team Leader, in order to ensure HACCP systems are effective in assuring product safety.
- Lead & develop the Quality & Food Safety agenda to reduce consumer complaints and drive improvements in GMP standards across site.
- Prepare information, based on KPI’s, for the Head of Technical to review in the monthly Management meetings.
- Maintain site accreditations & certifications
- Ensure the Company’s procedures and products comply with all relevant food legislation and customer requirements.
- Ensure the quality systems throughout the site meet the requirements of the BRC Global Food Standard an AIB Consolidated Standards through an effective audit program, taking appropriate corrective action when necessary.
- Control documents for the Quality Management System.
- Manage the day to day running of the operational technical aspects of the company’s quality management systems.
- Promote a quality culture within the company by delivering training aimed at improving people’s awareness of quality systems and quality standards.
- Train & Develop the Technical team, so that they continue to drive site improvements &meet business needs.
- Manage the supplier approval process and work with suppliers to reduce raw material and packaging non-conformances.
- Manage testing of raw materials, intermediate products, finished products and processes.
- Manage consumer complaints ensuring they are investigated and responded to in a timely manner.
- Ensure pest control is effective in keeping the premises free of pests. Negotiate and review the contract with Rentokil annually.
- Oversee production cleaning schedules, auditing regularly to ensure effectiveness.
- Work with NPD to ensure all aspects of quality and food safety are considered with the implementation of new products, processes or existing product reformulations.
- Maintain & audit the calibration equipment list/log.
- Maintain and audit company procedures in accordance with the internal auditing programme.
- Manage all external audits including BRC and customers ensuring completion and closure of action points arising from audits.
- Promote and enforce company Health and Safety policies and develop departmental risk assessments, procedures and safe systems of work.
- Food related HNC/HND or degree with management experience
- Internal auditor training, lead auditor (preferable)
- HACCP Level 4 trained
- In-depth knowledge of Food Safety System (Score on the Doors, STS, SALSA, BRC, etc.) HACCP, GMP and hygiene standards
- Knowledge of major retailers quality related requirements, good relationships and knowledge of best practice food safety systems
- Interaction with the key customer team to deliver customer standards and quality
- Site departmental budget skills, awareness and compliance
- Strong motivator and leader with a willingness to share best practice and work on the common look and feel principals
- Computer & office based work skills necessary but a hands on approach is essential in both the production and retail facilities
- A team player with strong leadership and communication skills with interaction across the business all other key functions
- Strong influential and problem solving skills