Technical Information Officer – 884037 – £27000-£28000
Under the direction of the Process Development Manager, provide Technical support to the business by liaising with both suppliers and customers for all technical requirements relating to finished products.
|· Portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
· Working within the Technical team, reporting directly to the Process Development Manager, you will build strong relationships across our B2B customer range.
· Responsible for creating Finished Product Specifications in accordance with critical paths to facilitate successful product launches in often very tight timeframes across a range of specification platforms ensuring all data generated is correct, accurate and on time.
· Working closely with cross functional teams to ensure food safety, quality and legal standards are maintained through detailed product specifications.
· Ensure compliance to customer policies for own label brand products whilst also being aware of the ‘end’ customer requirements.
· Support the Development team with all NPD product compliance checks to include nutritional reviews in accordance to customer policy, review product claims and provenance and CIMSCEE calculations ensuring only food safe products can pass through the gating system.
· Create new product information forms, sample submission and new line forms for all new products and within agreed timelines.
· On-going finished product specification maintenance within in a timely manner ensuring specifications are up to date and valid.
· Where required support with product trials and launches within the factory updating the in-house system (unity) with any recipe/processing method amends, while ensuring systems are kept up to date with all technical information.
· Any other tasks as required by the Process Development Manager and other duties which might reasonably be requested in association with this role in order to meet the needs of the business.
· Adhere to all company rules and procedures, paying particular attention to health and safety.
· Food Technology Qualification/Degree or formal training on all major food specification platforms
· Understanding of Food labelling legislation
· Experience as a Specification Technologist with the Food Industry
· Experience of writing product specifications for all major B2B and customers
· HACCP trained
· Managing projects to tight timeframes
· Great internal and external communication skills
· A flexible approach to working around a 24/7 business
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.