Technical Compliance Manager (maternity cover) – 884029 – £42,000
Title: Technical Compliance Manager (maternity cover)
Location: South Wales
- To ensure compliance to site activities that affect product safety, legality and quality systems.
- Manage workload providing pack copy, specification and artwork approval support.
- Responsible for all technical and legal compliance, development and maintenance of systems e.g. Recipe Professor,
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a system to minimise the risk of purchasing fraudulent or adulterated food raw materials i.e. TACCP & VACCP studies
- Legislation (current and emerging) compliance, Supplier Assurance, ensuring the successful delivery and implementation to support the Technical Strategy at site and group level.
- To work alongside relevant functions including technical and quality, production, commercial, marketing and procurement ensuring food safety is up to date, legislative and compliant with UK and EU standards.
- Support the Team auditing activity on site (internal and external). e.g. legislation compliance, ensuring the successful delivery in support of the implementation of the PFS technical strategy.
- To demonstrate through policies, procedures and auditing, a business understanding of the technical legal requirements for food safe and legal product that meets or exceeds retailer requirements.
- To lead the site development, based on Codex Alimentarius that is understood at all levels throughout the business and meets the business’ legal requirements as well as those of BRC and customers.
- To drive continuous quality improvement for our customers and collate site information for feedback.
- Support the Team in demonstrating to customers a working knowledge, understanding and audit programme of their policies and standards
- To contribute to an in-house training function for legal compliance against the UK and EU standards
- As a result of robust auditing and corrective action programmes, provide gap analysis for prioritisation and Capex proposals.
- To support sites in preparation and during TSO, EHO and key customer visits.
- Provide technical information as required and support to the sales and marketing teams, food service team and support site projects.
- Support the development of a training plan to demonstrate technical training requirements at all levels within the business i.e. Main Board to Operator level.
- To verify that Brand, customer own label artwork and site product labelling meets the requirements of current food labelling legislation.
- Lead supplier assurance and where necessary, conduct high-risk supplier approval assessments where necessary to achieve the schedule.
- Approval of concession related to raw material replacements.
- To further development the culture across the operational and technical functions through training, development and coaching programmes and thus engendering a high performance environment.
- To support the sites BRC audit programme and maintain the current ‘A+’ grade
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.