Supplier Quality Assurance Manager – £Generous plus car allowance – 884394
REMOTE WORKING AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE
To lead and manage the safety and quality of all raw materials and packaging supplied to site. Ensure that the appropriate quality assurance, legal compliance and safety programmes are operating throughout the supply chain according to the principles of ISO9001, FSSC22000 and FEMAS and any other standards at supplying sites and are aligned with the compliance requirements at the site. To drive continuous improvement of product and process through the effective implementation of supplier controls, technical KPI reviews, A3 problem solving and RCA, auditing and follow up on corrective and preventative actions plans with focus on validation of the supply chain HACCP and Quality plans.
- To establish close relations with the technical personnel at raw material suppliers and be the first point of contact ensuring delivery of a consistently safe, quality product.
- Develop and maintain key supplier technical and quality information for reference (including HACCP plans and other key technical data – key link in with procurement).
- Develop and maintain the supplier specification requirements, ensuring any changes are communicated to the raw material suppliers and obtain signed off to keep records up to date. This includes any associated validation work to ensure compliance to specification is completed.
- Operate an effective escalation process for supplier quality control non-compliance, including a daily data review and appropriate internal communication as well as maintain clear communications with the raw material supplier.
- Orchestrate and chair a monthly supplier review with a clear focus on the liquid whey supply chain and maintenance of the RAG system. This is to ensure supplier technical and quality data is reviewed and status assigned to drive continuous improvement.
- Generation and maintenance of the Monthly Supplier Quality Reports to ensure these are circulated in a timely manner.
- Lead and develop an effective supplier audit programme covering all raw material suppliers and acting as a key link with our procurement team.
- Conduct supplier audits to the defined schedule, report findings and non-compliance in a timely manner.
- Drive the development of an appropriate action plan with clear risk assessment, which actively supports agreed corrective and preventative actions, including adherence to deadlines for action closure.
- Ensure effective communications internally if there is a risk from actions identified during supplier’s audits to the factory, any risk associated to product safety and quality.
- Actively contribute to the development of the HACCP pre-requisite programme and the HACCP safety programmes at raw material suppliers where appropriate.
- Contribute to the investigation and resolution of quality, technical and manufacturing related problems at the factory.
- To complete objectives set through the performance review process (PDR) and other reasonable ad hoc duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Carry out duties as required by the Technical Manager, which are deemed to be within the scope of existing knowledge, experience and training.
- To be fully involved in the Business Management System. To be aware of individual responsibilities and to be familiar with, and implement, all relevant processes and procedures.
- To be an active role within the Site Technical Department.
- To play an active role with all Site Bulk Liquid; sampling and monitoring. Raising nonconformances and cases as necessary.
- Ownership and delivery of an effective supplier audit schedule and associated communications.
- Management of associated audit reports and development of clear actions plans for identified non-conformances. Sampling programme established where appropriate.
- Lead supplier reviews – Management of the supplier ‘RAG’ status process/Balance score card
- Supplier case management and complaint investigation and reporting – follow complaints through with supplying sites.
- To be available to visit Suppliers to assist in root cause investigation.
- Drive continuous improvement plans, using root cause analysis tools within the supply chain covering both management systems and processes (key alignment with the ISO and FEMAS standards).
- Zero tolerance approach to food safety risk from suppliers.
- Development and maintenance of supplier specification requirements and ensure effective communications.
- Specification reviews with procurement, ensure all specifications are current and up to date.
- To play an active role in the annual Site Supplier Review with Procurement
- Timely escalation of Supplier NCRs and Cases
- Review weekly / Monthly Total Protein/Total Solid numbers released to the Suppliers by the Logistics team.
- Provision of expert technical and quality management support to the procurement teams as required on an ad-hoc basis, including assessment for all proposed new ingredients, chemical and packaging and Suppliers.
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry.
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg. BRC, FSSC22000, ISO9001, UFAS, FEMAS).
Qualifications: Lead Auditor FSSC22000 and ISO9001 (Essential).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (Essential).
- Minimum Level 3 Food Safety Qualification (Desired).
- Strong technical knowledge of Microbiological and Analytical requirements for food safety and quality.
- Competent in the use of electronic document management and audit systems.
- Always seeking to achieve continuous.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently in order to achieve common goals and at all levels.
- Systematic and logical approach.
- Ability to work accurately, calmly and objectively under pressure.
- Confident and assertive, not afraid to have challenging conversations.
- Ability to manage a challenging situation in a professional manner.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across all levels within a business including Senior Management and Supply Base
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.