Specifications Technologist – 884383
An international business which has produced high quality products across the globe for nearly 30 years. They are a passionate and dedicated team who care about building encouraging, supportive, long-lasting partnerships, both inside and outside this fast-growing company. By only working with the very best ingredients and the most innovative technology available, they are offering a position in which you can grow as an employee and make thousands of customers happy in the process!
The New Product Development team, based in South Wales, is the linchpin to their Customer Success story. Without this dedicated team of experts creating new recipes, refining old ones and looking at more innovative and sustainable ways to do things they wouldn’t be able to put smiles on customers faces across the globe.
As part of their operational review they have identified this new role based across two sites in South Wales. You will be advising on current food safety laws, as well as managing the specification processes. Including the maintenance of the Recipe Management System and generating and maintaining the finished product specifications for all UK customers, and our own brand products.
- Market Competitive Salary
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Staff discount on products
- Ensure that all Health and Safety / Food Safety (FEDIAF) legislative requirements are met while supporting the product development team with the design of the product
- Ensure finished product specifications and sample submission documents are completed accurately and to agreed timescales, in approved customer formats for all customer and own brand products
- Review both primal and finished pack specifications for meat and raw material ingredients, in order to reduce costs and waste
- Liaise with raw material suppliers to ensure raw material specifications are completed accurately, and new ingredients are sourced where required
- Maintain and update the BESTMIX® Recipe Management system in accordance with the specification’s progress
Qualification in Food Technology or other food related subjects (BSc/HND)
Knowledge of food processing and legislation, in order to produce information that complies with legal and customer requirements
Experience of producing specifications for major supermarkets
Experience of specification generation and Recipe Management Systems
Experience gained from within Process, Technical, Development or Operations
Collaborative interpersonal skills
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.