Site Engineering Manager – 883987 – £50,000 – £55,000
Overview of role:
To have full responsibility for Engineering activities, standards and responsibilities across the site. Delivering the highest standard of engineering is of the upmost importance whilst working closely with other functions supporting joint goals and leading by example.
Role and Responsibilities
Health and Safety
- Lead by example and drive health and safety best practice onsite in terms of general controls, housekeeping and engineering level.
- Specifically maintaining high Health and Safety standards ensuring compliance with Health and Safety Policies and Procedures for both employees and contractors.
- Ensure Risk Assessments have been completed and signed off by all contractors.
- Coach and train others with regards to safety.
- Responsible and contactable for site engineering always.
- To manage and resolve Factory breakdowns as required. Either managing this within the team or overseeing the work of external engineering resources and external providers.
Act at pace to give resolution to any issues and communicate clearly to the site team.
- Maintain the site semi-automatic slicer fleet to have the highest level of availability and best performance in terms of waste / safety and quality.
- Provide expertise, develop own knowledge on all site equipment.
- To maintain the planned preventative performance and efficiency of all engineering plant on site within the constraints of budget, define and ensure the ppm schedule is achieved.
- Act at pace to complete site job requests from the GM and team.
- Provide technical backup / advice to all production departments.
- Control of contractors / issue of permits to work documentation.
- To lead on any major installations of machinery / CAPEX.
- Audit recording of materials / parts use and labour hours worked.
- Report weekly on the engineering function to the GM / Director.
- To ensure all relevant paperwork required for BRC is up to date and accurate.
- To ensure management of all spare parts and spend in this area is maintained and approved as to the site approval limits.
- To maintain a high level of housekeeping and hygiene within the engineering stores and workshop.
- Prepare Capital Expenditure Projects / Documents.
- Strive for the highest standards in machine performance and finished goods packaging standards and do not accept ok.
- To record, manage and value all spare parts and provide feedback to Finance.
- Flex hours to meet site demands and work with the site teams (eg Nightshift)
- With the OEM Engineer ensure our supplier base is well managed and performs to the required standards.
- Manage the upkeep of the site facility, fabric and services to the highest standard (supported by the H&S Manager and Hygiene Manager)
- Develop strong relationships with the factory particularly at operative level.
- Manage the OEM Engineer and the Maintenance Engineer.
- Ability to work under pressure during operational breakdowns and challenges.
- To develop and train direct reports while addressing underperformance. To work on creating a strong team and taking overall responsibility for their actions.
- Reward achievements and encourage improvement across the team.
- To take responsibility for people management activities within the team including absence management, appraisals, discipline and grievances
- Facilitate and the development of an open culture of proactivity where people take pride in what they do and feel a sense of involvement and self-worth.
- To ensure that all employees under your supervision put Health and Safety first.
- Educated to degree / HND level.
- Qualified Multi skilled Engineer with an electrical bias
- 3 years plus experience of working in a food production environment
- Food Safety Level 3 Hygiene Certificate
- IOSH Certificate
- Automation / PLC experience
- BRC experience
- Lead by example
- Highly motivated and focus on what can be achieved
- Availability and commitment as part of the senior management team
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Excellent problem solving & analysis
- Attention to detail when looking at all aspects of machinery, performance and factory.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to continually improve performance
- Collaborating with wider team to ensure key deliverables are met.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.