Production Manager – 883840
Hours: Sunday to Thursday
Sunday & Monday 6am to 6pm Tuesday Wednesday Thursday 3pm to 11pm
To Manage Departmental Production Lines to ensure that operational targets are safely delivered to the required operational, food safety, cost and quality standards.
- To ensure that the reporting production lines are adequately staffed, resourced and utilised to the best possible effect for achieving operational targets.
- To ensure that all products and processes meet and exceed customer and food legislative standards.
- To ensure that Health and Safety Legislation, policies and procedures are adhered to and a culture of safe working promoted.
- To ensure that excellent customer service is maintained by completing the production times in a timely manner. 5. To review and monitor production systems and key performance indicators. (All waste, downtime, giveaways).
- To ensure full manning of WIP and Over areas whilst making certain that all stock movements are correctly recorded. (WIP, Overs and Transfers).
- To ensure accounts capture data of yield movements, sign off yield reports, monitor trim levels and achieve/exceed yield targets. Always ensure that claims are made for raw material that is delivered out of specification, and daily yield meetings are used to investigate and monitor poor performing products.
- Optimise production efficiency and packs per man hour/pence per kilo, referring to line balancing / staff deployment sheets to ensure optimum run rates are met and send staff home upon completion of plan.
- Review the performance of reporting staff and identify, influence and implement training and development needs for these staff, whilst acting as a mentor to direct reporting staff.
- Continuously monitor and address poor performance in accordance with HR Policy and Procedures. RT/RF March 2018
- To develop a culture of team working across operational departments, liaising closely with Engineering / Quality and H&S to resolve issues using problem solving techniques to identify root cause and prevent recurrence.
- To ensure that the management team are advised and informed as appropriate of any issues that may compromise key KPIs being delivered in relation to H&S, Food Safety, Operating KPIs or Customer Service
- To develop clear and concise communication channels across all operational departments and all other business functions.
- To run and own the production hall ensuring that all areas are managed, maintained and controlled, taking full accountability for all aspects of production.
- To develop and promote the ETI Code Conduct.
- The control and verify working hours of employees, ensuring maximum working hours are not exceeded and minimise premium hours where appropriate.
- To develop, support and mentor own team members to ensure that they have the composite skills required to operate effectively within the production environment.
- To ensure daily operations meetings are held on time every day and follow the set agenda, these include Team Leader and Daily Operations meetings.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.