Shift Engineer – Electrical Bias – 884093 – £36718.01
Title: Shift Engineer – Electrical Reference: 884093
Location: South Wales
Shift: 12 hour shifts days and nights 7am-7pm/ 7pm-7am
To deliver safe, high quality engineering support and services to the shift operations, meeting KPIs in terms of response times, final fixes, machine availability and planned maintenance schedules.
Member of the engineering site team reporting into the Chief engineer. Providing engineering support and guidance to ensure shift priorities and planned production targets are met.
- Management of the health and safety performance of themselves, contractors, visitors and others as required.
- Effective implementation of Company Health and Safety Policies and Procedures in accordance with Health and Safety Management System, applicable legislation and HSG65.
- Carry out and maintain practical risk assessments and devise and implement suitable, sensible, maintainable and cost effective controls.
- Issue of Permits to work.
- Ensuring the correct compliance with Company Policy, procedures and Legislation by themselves and others at all times, in order to meet both Food Safety and Environmental Requirements
- Support technical department as required.
- Ensuring that the quality of service and materials from supporting departments are correct, and to provide the same quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Working to high standards with a right first time mentality.
- To contribute to departmental KPI’s through pro-activity and a positive attitude.
- Supporting production as required ensuring customer service maintained.
- Continually review personal skills base and highlight gaps.
- Support shift engineering team development.
- Support area manager and own actions as required.
- Support team ensuring encouragement and support is given to all employees to maintain the highest level of performance, individually and as a team.
- Actively seek to improve the Company’s profitability and departmental contribution through maximizing equipment reliability and responding promptly to breakdowns
- Provide excellent technical support to factory, ensuring that timely and rapid breakdown maintenance is provided.
- Provide a high level of knowledge and skills to resolve factory breakdowns and ongoing problems.
- Support and contribute to site PPM program, working towards the continuous improvement of this.
- Support the identification and procurement of parts
- Time served apprenticeship or equivalent
- A high standard of numeracy and literacy
- Experience of working to high standards of health and Safety implementation within a similar environment
- IT literate with demonstrable skills to support the use of lotus notes, excel & word
- Technical engineering qualification with high level of expertise either Mechanically or Electrically, with a will to develop a working knowledge of the other discipline
- Experience of delivering to the highest standards of engineering works
- Experience of working in a food or other manufacturing environment, preferably in a shift engineering role
- Must develop full knowledge of the use and function of Metal Detectors and X-rays within the factory and preferably receive SME training
- Trained to a minimum IOSH Managing Safely Certificate or equivalent.
- Experience on packaging equipment.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate or above
- PLC knowledge
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.