Senior Process Technologist – 884041 – Up to £32000
To take shared ownership of product development and drive products from handover to launch. Get involved and understand the briefs and concept side of products within your assigned categories. Work closely with the concept team and chefs to ensure products handed over to process are fit for purpose and in a fit state.
Oversee the technologists developing lines through the factory within your category and take the lean with customer communication and meetings/presentations. Ensure all products within your categories are launched on time and to the required standard.
Develop and launch products alongside the rest of the technologists.
- H&S representative.
- Manage department assistants.
- Each senior will be responsible for owning their categories, they will keep close to and work with the concept team to ensure that they know the detail of each product, ensure it is suitable for the factory and head up communication with the customer during the factory development. This will close out the current issue that products are agreed at a concept stage which aren’t suitable for the factory. Attend creative seal meetings where required. They will also ensure that the technologists working on their categories submit work to the required standard.
- Developing products – as per standard tech role.
- To maintain costed margin in all process development activities.
- To assist in the coordination of internal and external customer visits.
- To oversee the team of process assistants in the weekly workload and ensure all required documentation is completed to the right standard and product files are accessible and up-to-date.
- Support the process technologists during busy periods.
- To ensure the smooth communication of issues and the resolution of problems within the company in conjunction with NPD, EPD and launches.
- To ensure the coordination of key site meetings post trials, pre-production and launch meetings.
- Use statistical process control methods (SPC) to ensure specifications set in development reflect reality on launch and drive improvements on existing equipment and specifications.
- Provide solutions to the production teams to minimize and simplify processes, take the cost out and to ensure the best fit of product in the factory.
- Set up and monitor a tracker to remove any unnecessary microbiological and nutrition testing and to reduce the spend on testing under the defined budget.
- Detailed understanding of Product Development.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate internally and with customers at a senior level.
- Computer literate.
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment (at least three years).
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Good overall knowledge of process development and improvement
- Ability to operate on your own initiative or as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good customer facing experience.
- Excellent knowledge of customer critical paths and codes of practice to ensure all Good customer facing experience to the level where minimal intervention is required by Head of Process / Process development manager
- Commercial awareness
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects from initiation to completion.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.