Senior NPD Technologist – 884197A – £Competitive
Customer facing role managing the development process from concept to launch
Developing full understanding of the Chilled Food Category coupled with a desire to translate new trends & consumer needs into winning New Product Development
Leading the business into new profitable areas through proactive Innovation / New Product development
- Proactive management of recipe generator software, linking in with Procurement & Commercial to ensure up to date recipe specifications & costings.
- Support the Commercial Manager in leading the sites NPD function on a day to day basis
- Lead concept development meetings with the Commercial Manager to ensure briefs are interpreted and actioned accurately
- Liaise with all key stakeholders to ensure products are developed in line with C2L / Technical & BRC requirements, where required
- Manage and prioritise multiple ongoing projects to hit key dates / critical paths
- Benchmark the market to ensure products are developed with sound rationale
- Develop and maintain recipes accurately using Point 74 software in line with customer and internal briefs
- Make all NPD kitchen samples as required for customer / internal briefs and projects
- Work closely with the wider team to input on suitable packaging solutions.
- Panel customer / submission products for internal sign off in a timely manner
- Obtain benchmarks for submissions / panels as required
- Generation of Sample Submission Forms
- Organise couriers, label / pack products for Submissions
- Lead the cooking, serving and discussion of product detail at customer meetings
- Act on customer feedback positively and efficiently in line with submission timing
- To generate relevant information to ensure products are manufactured according to standards agreed with customer
- To hold internal gate meetings and maintain accurate records in line with site NPD procedures
- Working alongside production team to develop solutions to production issues whilst maintaining food safety.
- Working with QA team in daily taste panels to monitor ongoing quality and proactively making recommendations to improve overall quality.
- To assume responsibility for the safety of self and staff whilst at work
- Ensuring that all requirements as laid down within the Company’s Health and Safety Policy are implemented, monitored and maintained in order to fulfil all legislative requirements.
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities for Health and Safety and that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- To be responsible for the assessment of risk within the department or area of control.
- Educated to degree level in food related subject and or 3 years’ experience within the food industry
- Experience of driving profitable innovation which is supported by a solid understanding of food science and manufacturing processes
- Experience of own label NPD within major retail sector
- Comfortable working in a customer facing role and passionate about food
- Previous success in delivering results in a food manufacturing environment where you have developed your customer management skills as well as an articulate, engaging presentation style
- Commercially astute and displaying project management skills with the ability to drive and influence to achieve success
- Ability to work with & Influence stake holders both internal and external
- Ambitious, growth minded, problem-solving, can-do attitude
- Desire to grow market knowledge, to spot opportunities for product development & engage the wider team to gain buy-in
- Ability to organise and project plan complex pieces of work involving deadlines and multiple stakeholders
- To Champion quality, set high standards in terms of work ethic & strive for getting things right first time
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.