Senior Buyer – 884317
- Development and maintenance of supplier capability matrix
- Presenting resourcing opportunities for quality, price, delivery determinants and building several sources of supply per every product & category.
- Cost reduction exercises on core lines.
- Cost reduction exercises on non-stock purchases including utilities.
- Managing and/or supporting team members in tender exercises.
- Reviewing purchase orders to ensure that they are accurate and complete
- Determine the best sources of supply for each product or service needed by the company, based on price, quality, delivery time and other criteria
- Developing and managing relationships with suppliers to ensure that they provide high-quality products at competitive prices
- Conducting market research to determine what products are in demand and how they can be marketed effectively
- Monitor market trends & undertake competitor analysis
- Ensure total cost to purchase to encompassed withing decision making including shipping and payment terms
- Improvement payment terms of core supplier partners.
- Manage and resolve all claims if/when they occur.
- Working with the Planner to capacity plan existing orders by supplier partner to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Working with the NPD Manager to capacity plan new product orders by supplier partner to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Working with the Quality Manager to ensure all new and existing products meet or exceed specification and minimum risk profiles including such things as SMETA 4 audits.
- Managing own resourcing projects and tenders, whilst liaising directly to colleagues to ensure all considerations are baked in.
- Relationship builder.
- Strong negotiator
- Analytical, numerically astute.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Product costing experience.
- CIPS qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience working in a Purchasing function within a Distribution or Manufacturing Company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent negotiator and able to deal with complex procurement activities.
- A broad cultural knowledge of international culture and trade processes
- An understanding of total cost modelling and cost breakdown.
- Expediting excellence/results focused.
- Project Management skills
- ERP experience
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.