Senior Buyer – 884206 – £Competitive
- Development and maintenance of supplier capability matrix
- Presenting resourcing opportunities for quality, price, delivery determinants and building several sources of supply per every product & category.
- Cost reduction exercises on core lines.
- Cost reduction exercises on non-stock purchases including utilities.
- Managing and/or supporting team members in tender exercises.
- Reviewing purchase orders to ensure that they are accurate and complete
- Determine the best sources of supply for each product or service needed by the company, based on price, quality, delivery time and other criteria
- Developing and managing relationships with suppliers to ensure that they provide high-quality products at competitive prices
- Conducting market research to determine what products are in demand and how they can be marketed effectively
- Working with the shipping coordinator to ensure that orders are delivered on time
- Working in a close-knit team with the Planner, Shipping Controller, QA Manager & NPD Manager.
- Monitor market trends & undertake competitor analysis
- Ensure total cost to purchase to encompassed withing decision making including shipping and payment terms
- Improvement payment terms of core supplier partners.
- Manage and resolve all claims if/when they occur.
- Working with the Planner to capacity plan existing orders by supplier partner to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Working with the NPD Manager to capacity plan new product orders by supplier partner to ensure uninterrupted supply.
- Working with the Shipping Controller to ensure the successful OTIF expediting of incoming stock.
- Working with the Quality Manager to ensure all new and existing products meet or exceed specification and minimum risk profiles including such things as SMETA 4 audits.
- Managing own resourcing projects and tenders, whilst liaising directly to colleagues to ensure all considerations are baked in.
- Relationship builder.
- Experience of working with Far East and European sources of supply.
- Strong negotiator
- Analytical, numerically astute.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Tender experience
- Product costing experience.
- CIPS qualification is desirable.
- Previous experience working in a Purchasing function within a Distribution or Manufacturing Company.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent negotiator and able to deal with complex procurement activities.
- A broad cultural knowledge of international culture and trade processes
- An understanding of total cost modelling and cost breakdown.
- Expediting excellence/results focused.
- Project Management skills
- ERP experience
- Travel will be expected at certain times for supplier assessment.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.