Quality Manager – 884221 – Up to £35000 DOE
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the quality function of the business. Take responsibility for on-floor quality activities as met by the production team.
- Continuously drive and improve standards monitoring hygiene, quality, and food safety daily
- Oversee quality of all products produced within the business.
- To ensure food safety issues are actioned immediately and flagged up to the Technical Manager.
- Record and manage daily incidents and strive to improve occurrence by correct implementation of quality systems, GMP and hygiene.
- Carry out full investigations/ root cause analysis into complaints and customer technical issues as requested by the Technical Manager.
- To review non-conformances and identify trends, problem areas and instigate corrective actions.
- To keep abreast of current and new legislation that is likely to impact the business.
- To make sure that all technical equipment, i.e., checkweighers, metal detectors, temperature probes etc. are functioning correctly.
- To manage the taste panel system to ensure that all products are randomly reviewed and acting where necessary to ensure that products meet customer expectations. To ensure the required shelf life and sensory testing of all products are made.
- To maintain expert knowledge of all products and ensure all raw materials used in those products comply with the requirements of the QAS. To ensure deviations from the process / finished product specification are investigated and necessary corrective actions are taken.
- To conduct and monitor GMP in the factory and ensure corrective action is taken where necessary. Ensure routine internal audits, i.e., hygiene, glass and hard plastic material, foreign body and GMP are carried out to schedule, with the appropriate corrective action instigated and all follow ups closed out.
- Assist with all customer visits and third-party audits and to actively support the Technical Manager as required.
- To work within the appropriate Health and Safety procedures and to promote a strong awareness amongst all staff of a safe working environment
- Must have a good level of English literacy and numeracy.
- 5 year minimum relevant experience in a similar environment with good working knowledge of food manufacturing operating procedures.
- Food Safety Training (Minimum of level 3).
- HACCP (Minimum of level 3).
- Internal Auditing (Certificated Training).
- Must have experience of managing QMS to current BRC standard
- General process and product knowledge.
- Knowledge of key legislation relating to the food industry.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.