Quality Manager – 884209
- Is accountable for the overall management of the laboratory function on site ensuring all aspect of this area is compliant to industry and customer standards at all times. To ensure that the Central and Production Quality Control (QC) Laboratories are managed on a day to day basis and is responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of results generated by the laboratory.
- Responsible for leading and supporting internal investigation into NonConforming Product (NCP) and adverse trends.
- Responsible for the commissioning and introduction of new methodology and equipment within the laboratories and for the day to day activities of the QC laboratory technicians, their training and development.
- To maintain and support machine calibration requirements for the site.
- Is responsible for the maintenance of the laboratory document library, ensuring this is up to date and that the laboratory is working against the most recent ISO standards and methodologies.
- To actively support continuous improvement activities providing subject matter expertise and laboratory resource to support site improvement and development.
- Actively participate in A3 problem solving workshops.
- Successfully deliver excellent team performance against the current internal customer service level agreement for quality management.
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science, food technology or microbiological discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry.
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and methodologies.
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg.ISO9001, FSSC22000, FEMAS, ISO17025)
- Lead Auditor – (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Experience of electronic document management
- Always seeking to achieve continuous improvement – inherent dissatisfaction with average performance.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently in order to achieve common goals.
- Systematic and logical approach, without negatively affecting creativity and vision.
- Ability to work accurately, calmly and objectively under pressure.
- Develops effective relationships with a collaborative approach and ways of working
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.