Quality Manager – 884112 – Up to £45000
|To run and maintain quality assurance to ensure that company systems and customer requirements are fully met whilst managing the certifications, procedures and processes that enable the key functions within the business to Operate. The quality manager will champion, support or lead quality improvement initiatives. The role will require the monitoring and publication of statistics regarding company performance and Quality KPI’s.
To be the main interface from external/internal defects (complaints/non-conformity) coming from external and internal customers. Assuring the food safety and legality of products made by championing the HACCP, GMP and quality control plans. Keeping abreast of changes to legislation and impact on people, products and processes.
Delivering on KPIs within Quality. Driving a ”zero tolerance approach” and zero defects
- Following up on all non-conformity either from external complaints or internal quarantines
- Determining, agreeing and implementing in-house quality procedures, standards and/or specifications
- Maintaining food safety and legality systems. Developing the team to understand their food safety responsibilities.
- Specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
- Investigating and setting standards for quality within the UK and coordination at Group level. Driving positive Quality culture
- Ensuring that manufacturing processes comply with food safety and legal standards
- Working with Operations staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
- Writing management/technical reports (Access, Word, Excel, PPoint)
- Acting as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance/quality
- Recording, analysing and distributing statistical information
- Monitoring performance, root cause analysis & implementing corrective actions
- Supervising technical or laboratory staff
- Internal auditing and corrective action on GMP, glass, hard plastics, sharps, supporting process auditing
- Maintenance and testing of traceability system
- Samples management
- Developing a small team of QA auditors, determining training needs
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Held a quality management role in a manufacturing business (experience of packaging, paper, food manufacturing or automotive would be an advantage)
- Technical knowledge and understanding of Quality systems and processes. In particular ISO9001 & BRC. Knowledge of ISO14001, ISO50001 essential. Food safety and legality as part of HACCP and BRC requirements
- Strong leadership capability. Demonstrates presence, drive, energy and passion. Inspires others
- Problem Solver and able to introduce processes to eliminate issues from reoccurring
- Demonstrable experience of driving and improving performance and company profitability
- Excellent communication (including presentation) and influencing skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.