Quality Manager – 884073 – £40,000 – £45,000
Title: Quality Manager Location: West Wales
- Day to day running of the quality control lab team with delivery of timely, accurate and precise analytical results. Setting priorities for the team to meet business requirements.
- Management and review of laboratory data demonstrating effective communication of any escalated adverse trends or significant issues in a timely manner.
- Lead and contribute to investigations of NCR’s, NCP, complaints or adverse trends.
- Support as a subject matter expert within continuous improvement A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
- Management of site due diligence programmes e.g. Product Micro, Chemical testing; adherence to testing schedules.
- Timely release of conforming product post quality control activities ensuring SLA is achieved.
- Champion of ISO standards and compliance across all laboratory testing activities and requirements, ensuring these are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Manual holder for all laboratory documents within the Quality Management System.
- Adherence to the PDR process including the laboratory team development and succession planning, in line with the company’s core values
- Management of adherence to GLP.
- Responsible for ensuring training and delivery plans are in place.
- To ensure the team are also aware and working in a safe manner to comply with Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the HACCP pre-requisite programme and the HACCP food safety programmes, promoting a food safety culture.
- Internal audit and verification of business processes according to the defined schedules with the emphasis on manufacturing, quality and technical.
- Lead and contribute to investigations and resolution of quality, technical and manufacturing related problems.
- Providing advice and resource to support CI A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
- Drive Continuous improvement and promote a Food Safety Culture throughout the business
- Development and maintenance of hygienic controls and expectations of laboratory working practices and environment.
- As manual holder for laboratory documented information (forms, work instructions, records) ensuring these are reviewed and kept up to date and accurate against standards and customer requirements at all times.
- To complete objectives set through the performance review process (PDR) and other reasonable ad hoc duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Adherence to the PDR process and effective delegation of quality objectives across the team. Supporting the development of team career activities and team succession planning.
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science, food technology or microbiological discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and methodologies.
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg.ISO9001, FSSC22000, FEMAS, ISO17025)
- Qualifications: Lead Auditor – (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Experience of electronic document management
- Always seeking to achieve continuous improvement – inherent dissatisfaction with average performance.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently in order to achieve common goals.
- Systematic and logical approach, without negatively affecting creativity and vision.
- Ability to work accurately, calmly and objectively under pressure.
- Develops effective relationships with a collaborative approach and ways of working.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.