Quality Manager – £40000 – 884209
- Day to day running of the quality control lab team with delivery of timely, accurate and precise analytical results. Setting priorities for the team to meet business requirements.
- Management and review of laboratory data demonstrating effective communication of any escalated adverse trends or significant issues in a timely manner.
- Lead and contribute to investigations of NCR’s, NCP, complaints or adverse trends.
- Support as a subject matter expert within continuous improvement A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
- Management of site due diligence programmes e.g. Product Micro, Chemical testing; adherence to testing schedules.
- Timely release of conforming product post quality control activities ensuring SLA is achieved.
- Champion of ISO standards and compliance across all laboratory testing activities and requirements, ensuring these are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Manual holder for all laboratory documents within the Quality Management System.
- Adherence to the PDR process including the laboratory team development and succession planning, in line with the company’s core values
- Management of adherence to GLP.
- Responsible for ensuring training and delivery plans are in place.
- To ensure the team are also aware and working in a safe manner to comply with Health, Safety and Welfare requirements.
- Actively contribute to the development of the HACCP pre-requisite programme and the HACCP food safety programmes, promoting a food safety culture.
- Internal audit and verification of business processes according to the defined schedules with the emphasis on manufacturing, quality and technical.
- Lead and contribute to investigations and resolution of quality, technical and manufacturing related problems.
- Providing advice and resource to support CI A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
- Drive Continuous improvement and promote a Food Safety Culture throughout the business
- Development and maintenance of hygienic controls and expectations of laboratory working practices and environment.
- As manual holder for laboratory documented information (forms, work instructions, records) ensuring these are reviewed and kept up to date and accurate against standards and customer requirements at all times.
- To complete objectives set through the performance review process (PDR) and other reasonable ad hoc duties that may be requested from time to time.
- Adherence to the PDR process and effective delegation of quality objectives across the team. Supporting the development of team career activities and team succession planning.
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science, food technology or microbiological discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a technical supervisory or management role within the food industry
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and methodologies.
- Experience with food and feed safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg.ISO9001, FSSC22000, FEMAS, ISO17025)
- Qualifications: Lead Auditor – (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Experience of electronic document management
- Always seeking to achieve continuous improvement – inherent dissatisfaction with average performance.
- Communicates effectively and efficiently in order to achieve common goals.
- Systematic and logical approach, without negatively affecting creativity and vision.
- Ability to work accurately, calmly and objectively under pressure.
- Develops effective relationships with a collaborative approach and ways of working.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.