QA/Compliance Technologist – 884213
The purpose of your role is to provide administrative and practical support to the operations department assuring the business meets its legal obligations and can provide evidence to support its accreditations
- Assist the technical team in retaining the site BRC grade AA certification status and other third-party audit or customer audits.
- Provide technical support to other departments in the business and own label customers.
- Conduct internal audits and inspections, trending results for the monthly board of directors’ report.
- Collation of production paperwork and sign-off to ensure document checks have been completed.
- Ensure non-conformance reports and investigations including trending are completed for all issues raised
- Maintain records to demonstrate site equipment complies with food legislation.
- Maintain the approved raw material, Packaging and supply chain lists, including management of the live specifications database.
- Ensure new suppliers are set up according to the supplier management procedure.
- Manage QMS system and documentation.
- Administration and updating of contract packing documentation.
- Update and generate product specifications in both internal and contract packing formats.
- Assist in the administration and investigation of customer complaints.
- To deputise for the Head of Technical in his
- To manage and maintain a high standard of general housekeeping in all areas.
- Managing GMP and Hygiene Audits, raising and communicating non-conformances.
- Purchasing for all Technical and Hygiene requirements.
- Any other task as commensurate with the role.
Skills and experience for the Quality Compliance Technologist include:
- Ideally educated to a degree level in a food science, food technology or other scientific discipline.
- Preferably have previous food or beverage industry technical experience – this could be from a university food industry placement.
- Ideally have knowledge of food safety systems and third-party accreditation standards (i.e. BRC).
- IT literate including Microsoft Office suite.
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible approach, able to work alone or as part of a multidiscipline team in a rapidly expanding company.
- HACCP – Level 3
- Knowledge of food legislation
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.