Purchasing Manager – 884392 – £45000-£60000
An international business which has produced high quality products across the globe for nearly 30 years. They are a passionate and dedicated team who care about building encouraging, supportive, long-lasting partnerships, both inside and outside this fast-growing company. By only working with the very best ingredients and the most innovative technology available, they are offering a position in which you can grow as an employee and make thousands of customers happy in the process!
Work Location: Site
What do you get?
- Highly competitive market salary
- 40-hour week
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Company contributory pension scheme
- Free Life Assurance
- Staff discount on products
- Free on-site parking
- Wellness programme and support
What will you do?
- Negotiate contracts, terms and pricing agreements with suppliers to secure favourable terms and achieve cost savings, without compromising on quality.
- Identify new and alternative sources of supply for products.
- Ensure all materials are purchased on time, to specification and at the best price available.
- Liaise with planning and production staff for forecasting purposes.
- Coordinate deliveries and maintain suitable stock levels, making sure production proceeds smoothly.
- Mentor junior staff, providing structure and creating procedures to support them and internal processes.
What is our Client seeking?
- A collaborative team player, someone who can deliver commercial outcomes to business deadlines.
- Previous experience of working as a Buyer, dealing with multiple site locations.
- Desirable – previous experience of purchasing food, specifically meat.
- Experience of financial systems e.g.: Sage and expert Excel user.
- Company pension
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- Health & wellbeing programme
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Referral programme
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Scheduling: 5 years (required)
- Buying: 5 years (required)
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.