Up to £40,000
Production Operations Manager – 883764
Title: Production Operations Manager Location: Gwent
To manage all aspects of work within your prescribed area of control, whilst maintaining a constant focus on health & safety and employee welfare. To promote the company’s open democratic culture, whilst effectively meeting the demands of the customer through focusing on quality, service delivery, cost and efficient process control.
- Manage and deliver operational performance against Key Performance Indicators.
Identify and drive a ‘continuous improvement’ culture throughout the business.
- Initiate and drive key projects relating to process improvements/innovation, waste & material variance reductions, labour efficiency and productivity increases. Must be able to handle multiple tasks or projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a pressured environment, with limited direction and broad responsibilities.
- To promote quality to your team as a key performance measure and ensure quality standards are improved.
- To conduct regular appraisals for Senior Management Team and ensure this process is effectively cascaded through the business to support succession planning.
- To take responsibility for the budgetary control of capital spend on site whilst identifying cost saving opportunities
- To maintain and build customer relationships, whilst assisting with the development of new commercial opportunities
- To promote safe working practices and take the appropriate prompt action relating to accidents and near miss incidents
- To ensure that all Company policies, procedures and systems are consistently adhered to at all times.
- To manage and ensure that learning and development activity is consistent with the needs of the business, as identified through training needs analysis.
- To undertake daily meetings as an effective communication tool to facilitate improvements in efficiency and effectiveness thus positively impacting on operational performance
- To adopt new and innovative ways of improving visual management systems whilst maintaining current standards.
- To undertake any other duties, projects or responsibilities as required.
- To consistently challenge existing practices and behaviours where these deviate from the organisations existing processes and desired culture
To promote inter departmental teamwork with the ambition of exceeding customer and company expectations in all areas.
- To ensure that all recruitment/internal promotions are consistent with the relevant role profile and make provision for structured interviews and succession planning to help facilitate this requirement.
To demonstrate an open, democratic and supportive behaviour, consistent with the organisational culture.
Degree educated or equivalent.
Minimum 3 years senior in a similar role
Intermediate/advanced PC literate
Substantial lean knowledge, preferably accredited
HACCP Level 3
Planning & prioritising skills
Analytical problem solver
Effective Communication / negotiation skills
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.