Production Manager – 883776
To co-ordinate and manage the timely manufacture of quality products to defined targets and by the efficient use of resources available.
- Organise the day-to-day production schedule for all manufacturing business units in order to achieve targets defined by day-to-day sales, transport windows and other customer requirements.
- Produce products that meet both company and customer quality and quantity standards.
- To ensure that all plants are operating at maximum speed and efficiency and that appropriate training is given to Production Team Leaders and Production Operators alike.
- Ensure that all necessary materials and resources are available in good time for use in the production process
- Ensuring that all working practices are in line with the company procedures on cleanliness and that the shop floor and site in general is clean and tidy at all times.
- Provide the support necessary to ensure that the Production Team Leaders and Production Operators continually improve in performance.
- Appraise employee performance using both the formal performance management system adopted by the business to ensure that employees are trained and continually developed.
- Maintain conformance with company rules and regulations.
- Ensure the production teams are aware of and committed to targets on a both daily and longer term basis.
- Communicate with the General Manager on a daily basis regarding operational performance and order completion times.
- Identify and develop training plans for employees under your management and to ensure that the necessary training is effectively carried out in a timely manner either by internal one-to-one mentoring, classroom based learning or by other training methods.
- Undertake any training required by the business to maintain your continuous professional development and broaden your skill and knowledge base.
- Ensure the adherence to statutory regulations and legislation that affect the manufacture of food.
- Ensure adherence to company systems and procedures with regard to paperwork, training, etc..
- To be part of the company’s Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) team
The successful candidate will have:
- An analytical and detailed approach to problem solving
- Solid production planning knowledge and experience
- Hands-on management experience in a similar food manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable employee development skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A “self-starter” attitude who is comfortable working on their own initiative
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.