Production Manager – 3 month contract
Title: Production Manager – 3 month Contract Reference: 883799
Location: South West – Commutable from Gloucestershire, Wiltshire and South Wales
To lead the team in manufacturing outstanding quality pastry products; ensuring compliance with standards and policies while always pursuing and promoting continuous improvement
Managing a team of 14 Staff
Take responsibility for your own health and safety by acting in a measured and considered way and always keeping your own Health and Safety and that of those around you at the forefront of your thoughts.
Understand the risks associated with the area within which you work and the equipment that you work with. Ensure that you understand how to mitigate these risks and manage the behaviour of your staff to minimise the likelihood of harm
Ensure that you have been sufficiently trained in any procedure you are asked to undertake
Support the Management team in efforts to improve site safety by highlighting areas for improvement
You will assume responsibility for the quality of the products produced on the line.
Additionally, you must clearly understand the required standards that help minimise the risks to food safety. These include:
- Temperature control (components are not left out of fridges when not in use/during breaks/stoppages etc).
- Contamination and allergen control
You must ensure that the necessary standards are met, exceeded and constantly improved upon.
BRC Certification is critical to the position of the business so you are required to ensure that the requirements of the BRC standard are met and exceeded
You have responsibility for the hour-to-hour running of the line. You should be focused on maintaining and improving performance in areas including but not limited to:
- Good Manufacturing Practice – Housekeeping, hygiene and cleanliness
- Efficiencies – improving throughput while simultaneously maintaining and improving quality
- Internal Service Levels – ensuring that the packing-line get the product that they need when they need it
- Ensure that reporting staff are competent, appropriately trained and qualified to carry-out their duties.
- Monitor, review and manage staff performance
- Monitor and manage staff punctuality and absence including carrying-out return-to-work interviews
- Work with the other Manager to manage and plan for overtime and weekend working
Work with your Manager to manage and plan for holidays.
You are responsible for ensuring that any system put in place to measure efficiency and downtime is completed
Effective communication is key to everything we do. You are thus expected to:
- Lead a shift-start up briefing that outlines the requirements on the team for the day and discusses any changes, visits or other information pertinent to your staff
- Attend and contribute to twice-daily ‘deliverance’ meetings where performance and any issues are discussed between the Kitchens’ supervisors, planners and Managers.
Act as the link between the support staff and the Production Manager. Give a voice to your team and ensure that the will of the Production Manager is clearly understood
You may be asked to play a role in projects relating to plant and process improvement, human resources, NPD etc.
Take the lead in your own professional development. Seek support and training when you believe it would be of benefit to the business and yourself.
Encourage all direct reports to pursue opportunities that can be of benefit to both themselves and the business.
Build a case for training (cost/benefit) to help the business invest in the right areas.
Help budget and forecast for training as applicable.
This position will be suitable for a production professional who is immediately available for what is initially a 3 month project
A resilient personality is essential as is the ability to demonstrate a track record of building teams and managing agency staff.
There are two positions available one working the Afternoon Shift the other on the Night Shift
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.