Product Information Manager/Specifications – 884271 – £Competitive
The Product Information Manager – Specifications will take responsibility in ensuring new and existing products comply with functional, quality, food safety and both UK and international legislative requirements. A key part of this role will be managing and maintaining relevant databases and to work collaboratively within departments and group sites, working towards internal KPI’s and delivering a ‘right first time’ ethos.
Role Summary: Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Creation and maintenance of product specifications and QAS documents in line with customer and business expectations.
- To complete finished product specifications for retailer and branded products, ensuring accurate information is provided for customer use and on pack information.
- Review artwork, in line with updated customer technical and labelling polices, and to include all regulatory changes that will impact the accuracy of the pack information and labelling.
- To manage the process of UTZ/RFA, Fairtrade and any additional approved bodies, for approval of logos/wording on pack.
- To check the digital proof to ensure that barcodes scan correctly on pack.
- Support Product Delivery and Technical Teams with business and customer requirements, audits, and customer specific KPI reporting, as well as ad hoc duties.
- Contact to suppliers, customers and authorities regarding quality issues and food law related questions.
- Maintain and assess raw material specification data against Company and retailer requirements, requesting further detail and clarification from suppliers where necessary before approving it for use to produce finished product specification.
- Manage and conduct reviews of customer specifications in line with requirements.
- Ensure that all Company quality parameters and procedures are complied with and that all products manufactured meet the required standards and specifications.
- Managing Suppliers and ensure documentation and certification are up to date and relevant. Ensuring specifications are fully up to date and any changes notified to the customers.
- Managing customer portals, ensuring all contact details are correct and up to date.
- Supporting the Technical Team with customer & internal audits.
- Completion of label requirements for customer and production, ensuring labels are filed correctly and all relevant parties are kept up to date with any changes.
- To maintain good working relationships within Group, working collaboratively and with positive impact across all departments and sites.
- A passionate team who are devoted to delighting our customers
- A dedicated team who strive to do things a little better everyday
- A team who understand our objectives and connect with their colleagues to make it happen
- A hard working and exciting entrepreneurial environment where you can make a difference
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment, completing specifications, food safety and regulatory (UK and international legislative requirements)
- Good working knowledge retailer online specification portals
- Knowledge of RSPO, UTZ/RFA, Fairtrade and other relevant bodies requirements via online systems where applicable
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Team Player
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Will ideally hold food labelling qualification and HACCP (or equivalent), with experience of internal auditing
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.