Procurement Planner – 884045 – £25000
Title: Procurement Planner Reference: 884045
Location: South Wales
To ensure the timely delivery of raw materials and packaging to meet the production plan whilst maintaining an accurate stock profile within the warehouse and to manage all administrative work within the Purchasing function whilst liaising with the Stores & Finance Teams at all times
- Liaise with the Buyers and Planners to calculate volumes of raw materials and packaging required to fulfil production plans aiming for 100% availability.
- Order raw materials and packaging for the production plans in a timely and accurate manner whilst maintaining cost efficiencies.
- Progressing of purchase orders with suppliers, notifying the Buyers/Planners of any potential supply issues which could impact on the production plan.
- Follow up daily on any non deliveries/outstanding orders with suppliers and report on any issues.
- Support the NPD process by requesting samples and prices for new raw materials.
- To manage non stock/indirect materials and place orders within agreed limits that need to be signed off by the appropriate Manager.
- Liaise daily with the Stores Teams and Stores Manager to ensure all orders are receipted onto the system correctly and resolve any issues that may arise.
- Work with the Stores Personnel on month end stock takes to ensure all information is readily available for the Finance Department.
- To make the Buyers aware of any incorrect pricing on invoices and to liaise with suppliers so that invoices/credit notes are administered correctly.
- To highlight any concerns with raw materials/packaging when Commercial Delists are received maintaining a database of information on delisted raw materials.
- To establish a professional and productive relationship with all departments within the company.
- To main a professional and constructive relationship with suppliers, ensuring that the interests of the company are always upheld.
- Work with the Buyers to ensure all supplier claims are effectively managed and recuperation of all costs is efficiently managed.
- Effectively manage ad-hoc purchasing projects as and when required.
- A flexible approach to working around a 24/7 business.
- Ability to portray a positive image of the company and its values in a professional manner at all times.
- Experience in a procurement / planning role or similar.
- Great internal and external communication skills.
- Comfortable multi tasking and good at prioritising most important tasks.
- Good time management and clear focus.
- Proficient with operating computer systems & Microsoft packages such as excel & word.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.