Process Quality Engineer – 884088 – c£35,000
Title: Process Quality Engineer Reference: 884088
Location: South West Wales
Seeking a passionate and talented Process Quality Engineer to join our growing start-up at an exciting time as we transition into our next development phase. Supporting the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for quality, processes, implementation of effective and efficient processes, methods and tools, to ensure that our unique materials are manufactured to meet and exceed the markets expectations.
- Supporting the Operations Manager in the effective deployment of holistic operational management processes, methods and tools to provide effective operational management and drive direct costs out of the business via cost reduction initiatives.
- Supporting the Senior Leadership in the effective delivery of Processes and Methods that promote effective controls in the deployment of requirements relating to Quality, Safety & Environment impacts.
- Supporting the Operations Team to demonstrate drive and initiative, through improving themselves and those around them, in the building of an organisational culture focused on meeting and exceeding delivery expectations.
- Enabling the effective and efficient use of operational processes to have positive impacts on the Gross Profit Margins expected within the organisation.
- Maintaining accreditation to ISO 9001 & ISO 14001. Delivering the Internal Audit Plan on time and with corrective actions completed to plan.
- Creating effective and efficient CAD/CAM data for production, ensuring planned processing time matches actual processing time.
- Creating and maintaining Work Place Organisation standards for the site, in order to support the delivery of SQCDPE compliance, ensuring the actual achieved adheres to the monthly planned benchmarks.
- Monitoring, measuring & sustaining the RFT daily target of 95% non-defective material, including business analysis of the daily quality records, target review (actual vs planned) and implementation of improvement strategies.
- Delivering training and support to the production team for individual professional development and skillset improvement (knowledge increase or new discipline), ensuring adherence to Standard Operating Procedures/ Instruction
- Required: Minimum of 3 years in a similar role within batch manufacturing, leading process improvement and responsible for KPI management (e.g., quality)
- Required: Proficient in the use of Microsoft programmes (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Desirable: Maintaining a business management system
- Desirable: Lean/Six Sigma trained
- Desirable: Manufacturing experience
- Desirable: CAD/CAM knowledge with CNC Routing (e.g., AutoCAD, Solidworks, Catia, VCarve)
- Desired: Degree in Engineering (CAD/CAM desirable) or Product Design (a time served apprentice machinist CNC routing / Milling.
- Desired: Business Management Systems Auditor trained
- Desired: Green Belt Lean Six Sigma trained
- Demonstratable ability to work in a changing work environment, while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.