Process Operator – 884342 – £Competitive
Operation, after training, of the Operation of the WPI process, intake & ultrafiltration, evaporator, spray-dryer, blending & packing systems and warehouse operations using both manual and automated process control systems, such that the daily production plans are achieved, and in compliance with all BMS operating requirements.
- Carry out all relevant quality and process control checks, record on specified log sheets and initiate immediate corrective action where appropriate.
- Carry out plant repairs and routine maintenance, where training has been provided, and report on specific process performance and plant maintenance issues.
- Ensure that all daily stock records are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure that food hygiene policy and food GMP procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times, and that all associated records are completed accurately.
- Responsible for the full implementation of the company Health & Safety at Work Policy Statement at all times.
- Comply with company and specific factory requirements relating to company policies and management systems.
- Responsible for the full implementation of the HACCP Food Safety Management System applicable to the food ingredient manufacturing process, and for reporting and taking immediate corrective action in respect of critical control point failures.
- In the absence of the Process Technician, report to the Shift Production Manager, on plant status and performance, quality, hygiene and production planning.
- Carry out duties as required by the SPM which are deemed to be within the scope of existing knowledge, experience and training.
- Assistance with training for new technicians as required.
- Responsible for minimising all waste streams from the process, and for reporting and taking immediate corrective action in the event of any spillage to drain
In the event of an emergency on site, responsible for the immediate implementation of appropriate crisis management procedures.
- Responsible for the communication of appropriate and relevant information to ensure
the smooth management of the overall site (both external & internal).
- Good people & communications skills
- Hands-on approach
- Computer literacy
- Determined and assertive, with the ability to perform under pressure
- Analytical and investigatory skills – root cause analysis
- High aptitude to learn
- Attention to detail
- To display a positive can do attitude
- Must be available to work days and nights on 4 cycle shift in production (42hours
average per week), including weekends and bank holidays
- Desire for a career in Production Management role in a high volume manufacturing
- Fork Truck Licence
- HACCP Awareness
- IOSH Health & Safety Management in the Workplace qualification
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.