Process Manager – 884289 – £Competitive
- Leading on-going re-engineering and development of recipes and processes to aid efficiency & consistency in the factory.
- Designing, recording & reporting on all new recipes and recipe amendments.
- Maintaining & developing strong links between NPD and Factory.
- Responsibility to plan Factory trials (FT) in line with critical path timelines.
- Liaise with Raw material coordinator on any new requirements for FT.
- Ensure full engagement on factory trial via a pre trial meeting to scope out objectives and outputs from trial.
- Be a positive force in the overall organisation and execution of trials.
- Attend and align with all NPD activity with a view to deliver on time and in full.
- To be flexible with working hours to work in line with factory on scheduled trials.
- Produce full factory trial reports to circulate to all key stakeholders with accompanying data.
- Work with any waste challenges on EPD to improve wastage and factory efficiencies.
- Support where appropriate with customer sample preparation.
- Proactive management of recipe generator software, liking in with Procurement & Commercial to ensure up to date recipe specifications & costings.
- To act as link between NPD and Production to implement new recipes, products or processes in the factory
- Proactively identify EPD opportunities
- Ensure validation work is carried out on ingredients, products, processes & equipment during development process.
- Organise factory scale-up trials in line with Critical Paths and the C2L Process
- Attend and lead all factory trials, recording and documenting all necessary data accurately
- Arrange and lead factory trial debriefs to establish next steps with all key stakeholders
- To generate relevant information to ensure products are manufactured according to standards agreed with customer
- Working alongside production team to develop solutions to production issues whilst maintaining food safety.
- Working with QA team in daily taste panels to monitor ongoing quality within the bakery and proactively making recommendations to improve overall quality.
- To become involved in key company projects / initiatives to drive efficiency & profitability
- To assume responsibility for the safety of self and staff whilst at work
- Ensuring that all requirements as laid down within the Company’s Health and Safety Policy are implemented, monitored and maintained in order to fulfil all legislative requirements. Ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities for Health and Safety and that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- To be responsible for the assessment of risk within the department or area of control.
- Educated to degree level in food related subject, and or 3 years’ experience within the food industry
- Passionate about food and delivering quality results
- Ability to work with & Influence stake holders both internal and external
- Ambitious, growth minded, problem-solving, can-do attitude
- Desire to grow market knowledge, to spot opportunities for product development & engage the wider team to gain buy-in
- Ability to organise and project plan complex pieces of work involving deadlines and multiple stakeholders.
- To Champion quality, set high standards in terms of work ethic & strive for getting things right first time
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.