£25,000 - £35,000
Process Development Manager – 883822
- Responsible for managing projects in the product improvements, cost reduction efficiency improvements from launch / implementation, ensuring that they fully meet Customers’ and Company expectations.
- Compile process validation reports and SPC data based on trial generated information
- Be responsible for the arranging, supervision and reporting of all product trials/ validation
- Be responsible for all shelf life /micro testing in conjunction with technical team.
- Carry out theoretical and lab analysis of nutritional components when required.
- In conjunction with PD & Technical, ensure that adequate nutritional testing is completed for all existing products and fit any nutritional requirements set by the customer, the company etc.
- Liaise with the NPD, Production, Technical, Planning & Engineering teams on all issues relating to product validation including the setting and managing of factory trials (both in main production and preparation).
- Work closely with suppliers and the company’s raw material
- Trial all new packaging options, ensuring they are suitable for our manufacturing processes.
- Ensure a proactive approach to process development; harnessing the capabilities of existing equipment and processes to offer real improvements in products and process
- Keep up to date with all current food legislation
- Along with operations and technical, identify any capital requirements of the business, in conjunction with the EPD process. Identify new equipment where required to get new products to launch.
- To trouble shoot within the Factory as and when required
- Be a team player working with key internal departments including current and new products
- Development, technical, operations, planning and finance to ensure a consistent and co-ordinated business approach.
- To put in place clear “ways of working” for the process team, so they understand what “good” looks like.
- Play a supporting role in the cultural development of Food Excellence as a corner stone of our business
- Ensure that a robust trial schedule is maintained to reflect current and future workload
- Carry out and produce all reporting requirements, maintaining and updating the necessary spreadsheets and databases within the required timescales
- Regular and ongoing contact with colleagues in other areas, as relevant to the projects’ requirements; from senior managers to hourly staff to ensure the smooth progress of the projects through the EPD process
- To coordinate and communicate the status of all Process EPD projects
- Attend internal & external product panels when required to develop product knowledge
- Attend and actively participate in the weekly development project meetings
- Evaluate new & existing raw materials when required
- To be aware of and comply with Health & Safety legislation, company regulations and statutory hygiene legislation.
- Basic / Intermediate / Advanced Food Hygiene
- Education to degree or HND level in a food related discipline eg. Food Science / technology, Home Economics, Catering etc.,
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in an EPD/NPD/Process/Technical environment of a chilled foods manufacturer.
- Good knowledge of customer’s technical operating systems and procedures & policies.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.