Occupational Health Advisor – £30-38000
|This position will report to the Site HR Manager and become part of the HR team, with responsibility for providing day to day onsite support with regards to attendance, fitness for work, pre-employment medicals and health surveillance. The role requires the ability to provide expert advice in respect of legislative requirements and best practice relating to Occupational Health.|
|The majority of the role is expected to be reviews, referrals, health screening however will require some case management activities. The role requires the individual to carry out their own administration.|
· To provide onsite support with pre-employment fitness medical checks for all successful permanent and agency applicants
· To carry out assessments and reviews for any medical concerns arising through sporadic or long-term sickness. Liaise with HR Advisor and H&S on long term absence case management.
· To provide expert, comprehensive and evidence-based case management reports for referrals including fitness for work, attendance, reasonable adjustments and other requests for OH advice
· To provide expert advice in relation to legislative requirements and best practice
· To evaluate the results of medicals, surveillance and reviews and provide advice and/or escalate as necessary
· To observe activities in the production (and other) areas and advise with regards to best practice, support and adjustments within the working environment
· To communicate with external parties as appropriate e.g. GPs, Specialists etc.
· Review and advise on relevant Risk assessments
· Reporting of trend analysis.
· Monthly Reporting on key assessments.
· Work with and advise the H&S Manager where necessary e.g. procedure changes that may affect employees medically, potential adjustments / equipment, accidents / incidents etc.
· To proactively plan all company medical requirements including:
o Skin assessment
o HAV Assessment
o Respiratory Mask fit
o DSE / Workplace ergonomics
o Mobile Plant Medicals (Fork Lift Truck etc.)
o Bandsaw assessments
o Night Risk Assessments
· Research and consideration of employee welfare activities, benefits and business improvements to support a healthy working environment
| This role requires a significant amount of organisational skills in order to ensure that all activities are carried out on site.
The individual must be professional, yet able to work well with both management and employees in order to ensure that any advice given is appropriate to support both the welfare of the employee plus attends to the requirements of the business.
|· OH Qualified|
|· Significant Case Management experience|
|· Excellent report writing skills|
|· Excellent communication skills at all levels of a business|
|· Ability to work independently|
|· Experience of Health screening / surveillance|
|· IT literate|
|· To be able to demonstrate a proactive and self-motivated approach to work|
|· Ability to work flexibly in line with the needs of the business|
|· Have the ability to maintain and / or to manage confidentiality appropriately and professionally|
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.