NPD Technologist – £30000 – 884006
As an NPD Technologist you will support the NPD Development Product Manager in developing and delivering upon NPD initiatives for your business unit area.
This position will report directly to the New Product Development Manager, and work closely with cross functional teams such as Technical, Operations, Commercial, Planning & Procurement teams to identify requirements and plan schedules of work for product delivery. Travel to suppliers, customers & other manufacturing sites will be required.
|Category and Market Knowledge:
· Have an awareness of the retail and food service markets and current products / ranges in your area.
· Support internal and external benchmarking sessions.
· Complete product information sheets for all competitor products as required.
Manage the NPD Program:
· Develop products to agreed customer briefs and present for internal & customer approval.
· Work with suppliers to develop products to customer briefs.
· Use Point 74 Recipe Professor system through development programs to agreed procedure.
· Support customer presentations ensuring all required documentation has been completed.
· Attend Business Unit NPD Meetings as required.
· Ensure all development activity is completed in line with NPD Procedures and Processes and information is correctly and accurately recorded.
Deliver the Launch Program:
· Work in conjunction with technical & operations to organise and execute production trials and manage subsequent shelf life assessments, organoleptic testing, cooking instruction verification, and nutritional sample analysis.
· Use production trials to generate information to validate the product costing.
· Liaise with the site-based Operations and Technical teams to plan the Product launch.
· Manage launches to ensure the product complies with the specification and meets the agreed quality parameters.
Knowledge & Experience
|· Experience in developing and launching new products with retail and food service customers.
· Managing critical paths and coordinating internal departments to ensure successful product launches.
|· A recognised qualification in Food Sciences or related subject areas.
· Experience of working within product development in an Food environment Knowledge of food labelling and ingredient regulatory requirements.
|Skills, Abilities and Attitude
Ensure information is treated as confidential.
Participate and promote the companies Vision and Values.
Comply with and promote all policies and procedures
Ensure that the Health and Safety Policies, Standard Operating Procedures are adhered to at all times.
Ensure that the training and, development needs of any subordinate staff are identified and addressed.
Participate as necessary in appropriate shifts and on-call duty rotas, if applicable.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.