Night Hygiene Manager – 883917 – £Competitive
The site hygiene manager reports into the site technical lead on a day to day basis and the site operational lead as needed.
- To implement, drive and deliver the Hygiene Strategy set by the business
- Engagement with the functions to implement and drive group wide strategies
- Responsible for implementation of strategy, quality, efficiency and hygiene innovation to ensure the manufacturing unit has a hygiene service which supports the delivery of business objectives
- Provide leadership and direction to the hygiene community to ensure that people are engaged, focused and delivering their potential through implementation of the Leadership Tent.
- Ensure ways of working and schedules are implemented maintaining the highest of standards, effective deployment of resources, forward planning and continuous improvement
- To ensure training and development of the hygiene team
- To define, manage and control the departmental budget
- Maintain a clean factory to include all ancillary, storage and external areas as defined by the site.
- Establish and monitor adherence to hygiene schedules (daily, weekly, monthly) defining improvements and corrective actions, where applicable.
- Define, manage and control the hygiene budget ensuring adherence to expenditure and maintaining relevant contracts with suppliers.
- Ensure CICs are regularly evaluated, updated and trained out to all employees.
- Maintain accurate and contemporaneous documentation.
- Ensure validation and robust verification processes are in place for cleaning.
- Lead, support and develop the Hygiene Supervisor and Hygiene Team leaders;
- Ensure regular 1:2:1’s, objectives are established, and appraisals held in accordance with performance management process with succession planning as
- Recruit and train team colleagues to ensure an effective delivery of service.
- Implement a closed loop governance system
- Conduct root cause analysis for out of specification results
- Establish internal auditing regime to ensure service is delivered to the required standard, documentation available and continuously compliant.
- Hygiene Lead with all Customer and 3rd party audits.
- Implement the business´s health and safety policy and carry out risk assessments, develop method statements and monitor procedures to ensure compliance.
- Assist in the maintenance of environmental standards across the site.
- Champion continuous improvement activities to ensure best practice across all facilities whilst seeking to reduce overall spend.
- Ensure completion of Permits to Work for contractors relevant to the role.
- Perform any reasonable task deemed appropriate in accordance with business needs, training and safety.
- A minimum of 5 years Hygiene management experience in food manufacturing
- Gravitas and confidence to influence and direct individuals at all levels of the business
- Hygiene Management Qualification is desirable
- Microbiological knowledge of High Care/Risk and environmental swabbing programmes
- Level 4 Food Safety
- HACCP Level 3 minimum
- IOSH qualification (NEBOSH would be advantageous)
- Level 4 Food Processing Hygiene Management
- Good working Knowledge of COSHH
- Financial understanding
- Experience of integrated hygiene and environmental management systems
- Experience leading and working with a diverse workforce
- Experience of equipment manufacture and capital expenditure requirements
- Previous auditing experience
- Computer literate with experience in all software systems (Word, Excel, Power point)
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.