Multi-Skilled Engineer (Mechanical Bias) – 884061 – c£30,000 + Shift Allowance
Title: Multi-Skilled Engineer – Mechanical Bias Reference: 884061
Location: South Wales
Duties to include; preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant. Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines. Overhaul and repair of machines, ensuring that all equipment on site is safe to use, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking maintenance and repair work and document in full to ensure safe working practise
- Ensure all equipment is safe to use and fit for purpose
- Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits
- Carryout repairs and maintenance to site facilities
- Actively promote safe working practices
- Effective communication – keeping management and relevant parties aware. Seeking advice and assistance when required
- Provide cover in other areas in times of sickness and holidays when requested by the manager
- To action and complete time/task sheets on a daily basis in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To report any incidences of absence promptly and according to the company sickness procedure.
- Any other duty as maybe required commensurate with the post and the skill of the post holder
- A recognised Electrical / Mechanical apprenticeship or relevant qualification
- Multi Skilled with a mechanical bias accompanied by good electrical knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- Sound engineering experience working in a maintenance environment within a manufacturing setting
- The ability to work as part of a team
- To be able to work on own initiative
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.