MS Engineer – 884346 – £Competitive
Monday-Friday -6.00-14.00 and 14.00-22.00
Duties to include; preventative maintenance on machines and equipment, as well as responding to emergency machine break downs throughout the plant. Involvement with new design, installation and movements of existing machines. Overhaul and repair of machines, ensuring that all equipment on site is safe to use, working efficiently and fit for purpose.
Working Monday-Friday, mornings and afternoons Candidates must be flexible as possible call outs maybe required in line with the remit of the post.
- Ensure that Planned Preventative Maintenance is carried out in line with task schedules and industry best practices
- Attend to breakdowns onsite ensuring that there is always a rapid response and that plant equipment and machinery breakdown time is minimised.
- Ensure the provision of a safe & healthy working environment and ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
- Complete suitable risk assessments prior to undertaking maintenance and repair work and document in full to ensure safe working practice
- Ensure all equipment is safe to use and fit for purpose
- Work with and install single phase / three phase electrical circuits
- Carryout repairs and maintenance to site facilities
- Actively promote safe working practices
- Effective communication – keeping management and relevant parties aware. Seeking advice and assistance when required
- To action and complete time/task sheets on a daily basis in accordance with agreed procedures.
- Any other duty as maybe required commensurate with the post and the skill of the post holder
- A recognised Electrical / Mechanical apprenticeship
- Multi Skilled with a mechanical/electrical bias
- 3 years plus experience of working in a production environment
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate
- BRC experience
- Good standard of written and oral communication in English
- Incredibly self-motivated, naturally enthusiastic and able to lead by example
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Excellent problem solving & analysis
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to continually improve performance
- Conscientious and vigilant with regard to Health and Safety.
- Collaborating with wider team to ensure key deliverables are met.
- Ensure all key deadlines are consistently met.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.