Maintenance Engineer – 884012 – £35,000 + overtime paid at time and a half
Title: Maintenance Engineer Reference: 884012
Position: Permanent Location: South East Wales
To ensure the safe working of all plant and equipment in line with Health and Safety rules, regulations and requirements.
- To ensure maximum machine available time at least cost, through effective planned preventative maintenance schedules.
- Together with other plant engineers and team leaders, actively strive to ensure that your time is orientated towards achieving machine maintenance hours on planned work.
- To ensure a thorough understanding of the manufacturing processes which allows complete integration of engineers, with production and hygiene staff through the team approach.
- Ensure that a Total Quality Approach is implemented across the site throughout all your duties.
- To maximise the resource base always and to ensure quality maintenance standards are obtained.
- Continually monitor and pursue with a ‘best practice’ approach by skills enhancement and development of skills profiles by equipment requirements and active team role participation.
- To participate fully in an objective driven process engineering strategy which production and engineering management have set up with clearly defined objectives which are both realistic and achievable with clear performance indicators or performance measurement on all sides.
- Be responsible for the update of the plant register, providing information for, and ensuring all necessary precautions are adopted to comply with permits, both with engineers and contractors. Ensuring always that third part engineers are managed safely on all other work.
- Developing and maintaining an effective working knowledge and diagnostic skills of all plant throughout using the Engineering Library and the literature.
- Motivating and building a genuine team ethos within the individuals designated area when on shift.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Understanding of in-house systems and procedures.
- Confident and able to meet deadlines.
- Speed, accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of production and planning.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Hygiene and quality control.
- Must be able to deal with team/individual performance.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ensure completion of quality & hygiene documentation.
- Supporting Continuous Improvement.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.