Line Leader – 883908 – £23691.00
Responsible for the daily operation of production lines and teams within the area ensuring that all KPI’s are achieved. Activities include but are not limited to:
- Machine set up and running
- Quality control
- Data input
- Batch paperwork completion
- Liaising with support teams
- Minimising downtime
- Clear communication.
The Line Leader will ensure that product quality is maintained at all times and is directly responsible for communicating the actual line requirements to the production team.
- Monitor product giveaways and ensure targets are met. Escalate any issues affecting giveaways to the Supervisor.
- Monitor waste through the mass balance reports and support the investigation/actioning of any non-conforming processes/ products in order to reduce waste and ensure that Batch Yield is on target.
- Manage the labour manning levels of their production line/ team and support the Supervisor in efforts to improve this labour cost.
- Make sure the Supervisor is aware of unplanned events that will affect service levels.
- Assist in implementation of corrective actions when required.
- Production area is audit ready at all times through effective GMP control.
- Ensure any issues regarding CCP’s are highlighted immediately to the QA team and Supervisor. Ensure all checks are completed at the required time intervals and to the required standard.
- Ensure all documentation is logged correctly.
- Ensure all product/batch is cleared from the end of line prior to the start of the next product/batch.
- Escalation of any product quality issues to Supervisor, with solutions.
- Manage the daily production function of the line/ team particularly planned and unplanned changes and non-standard work including:
- Ensure that Full Traceability is achieved for every batch of product through accurate recording of paperwork.
- Reporting of issues constraining production/ team work along with solutions.
- Assist the Supervisor in progressing the teams development needs through cross training and continuous assessment of training needs.
- Provide recommendations to training function for all line operators.
- Ensure effective lines of communications are in place between the Line Leaders line/ team and the department management team.
- Monitoring of staff performance and escalation of any poor/ under performance.
- Ensure the culture of continuous improvement is maintained and developed in their respective area through participation in department initiatives, including 6S, SIC, Standard Work and Process Improvement processes.
- Have an active role in the writing of line based SOP’s providing accurate information to ensure the procedures are accurate.
- Be familiar with the company’s Health and Safety Programme and carry it out effectively
THE HOURS 5 over 7 Monday through Saturday 6am – 3.30pm
- Strong work ethic
- To be able to actively reduce costs through solutions.
- Demonstrate Leadership behaviours at all times.
- Display a high sense of urgency and speed of action.
- Does not wait to be asked or told, but identify what needs to be done.
- Always have a can do attitude.
- Clear understanding of (English written and spoken)
- Adhere to business core values.
OUR REFERRAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.