Lab Manager – 884249 – £40000
- Day to day running of the laboratory team with delivery of timely, accurate and precise analytical results. Setting priorities for the team to meet business requirements.
- Management and review of laboratory data demonstrating effective communication of any escalated adverse trends or significant issues in a timely manner.
- Lead and/or contribute to investigations of NCR’s, NCP, complaints or adverse
- Management of laboratory, ensuring full compliance at all
- With Quality Manager, management of site due diligence programs g. Product Micro, Chemical testing; adherence to testing schedules.
- Support as a subject matter expert within continuous improvement A3 problem solving workshops and investigations.
- Delivery of >95% uptime on central and external laboratory approved results, to allow timely release of conforming product post quality control activities ensuring SLA is
- Champion of ISO standards and compliance across all laboratory testing activities and requirements, ensuring these are up to date and accurate at all times.
- Manual holder for all laboratory documents within the Quality Management
- Adherence to the PDR process including the laboratory team development and succession planning, in line with core values
- Responsible for ensuring training and delivery plans are in place to enable teams to have the appropriate (technical) skills and competency, both for lab & relevant QA & operational staff
Key Performance Measures:
- z-scores in acceptable ranges on laboratory checking schemes – ring
- Compliance to quality standards and adherence to sampling and analysis
- Accuracy and timeliness of NCP/NCR’s created within
- Laboratory quality management systems is up to data and compliant to current ISO standards and customer requirements.
- Monthly report on site analysis performance & trends.
- 100% conformance to agreed SLA
- 100% compliance to the PDR
- Ideally educated to a degree level within a food science, food technology or Science discipline
- Minimum 5 years work experience in a Laboratory supervisory or management role within the food industry (and preferably dairy).
- Experience in the operation, calibration and maintenance of laboratory equipment and methodologies, both analytical and micro
- Experience with food safety management systems and with dealing with customer audits and external certification audits (eg.ISO9001, FSSC22000, FEMAS, ISO17025)
- Minimum Intermediate HACCP or equivalent (preferable, but not an absolute requirement).
- Experience of electronic document management
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.