Key Account Manager – 884291 – £Competitive
The purpose of the role is to grow the market share and profitability by developing business within existing shared Customers and securing new business in current and new channels.
New business opportunities will be identified and rigorously pursued co-ordinating the resources of the wider team such as NPD and Finance, to assist where appropriate.
Existing business needs to be serviced to the highest standards. The role holder will develop strong, professional and mutually beneficial relationships with all specified existing customers.
The role will co-ordinate and liaise with the wider team to ensure the best service is offered.
The role holder will build strong relationships with buyers constantly striving to improve
- Achieve commercial objectives through establishing clear plans and measuring results, allocating appropriate resources and reviewing performance.
- Taking full ownership for developing new business and growing existing business within scope and demand of the role
- To work closely with overall Commercial manager to ensure that the agreed business targets are met.
- Key Account Management
- Hold weekly meetings with cross functional team to update on customer activity and live workstreams
- Critical path design and management for NPD / New launches
- Day to day communication with customers addressing any service issues arising, working with site team to provide information & solutions
- Liaising with the site team to check, approve & provide product samples and information to our customers as required
- Organise and conduct periodic sales meetings with customers to discuss performance and identify future opportunities
- Completion of commercial detail on new line forms & ensuring all documentation is with customers in a timely manner
- Conduct regular store checks and provide updates to key business stakeholders on RSPs / Weights / New Lines in stores etc.
- To take instruction from Group Director on selling off certain products as and when needed
- Have a passion for delivering the best quality and service to our customers.
- Have experience as an Account Manager or customer facing Commercial Manager.
- Will require the following key skills: strong communication both written and oral, excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail, able to demonstrate strong negotiation skills.
- Will require the ability to work alone and be resilient and determined.
- Will need to be able to project manage work gaining the support and buy in of other colleagues as required.
- Need to be able to demonstrate a good understanding of category management; consumer and marketing KPI’s; costings; margins; promotions and demonstrate an understanding of how commercial decisions impact on the P&L.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills are essential as this role will be the face of the business to our key customers.
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Attention to detail – an obsession with quality
- Ability to work under pressure
- Commitment to continually improve performance
- Ability to build excellent relationships both internally and externally.
- Natural enthusiasm and ability to lead by example
- Resilience & tenacity
- Conscientious and vigilant with regard to Health and Safety.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.