HSE Manager – Multi Site – 884242 – £Competitive
- Develop and implement policies: ensure policies and procedures are in place and enforced.
- Ensure compliance: ensure the organisation is compliant with legislative and regulatory requirements, conduct trainings with staff to make sure they are aware of regulations and procedures and provide guidance.
- Make relevant changes to working practices that are safe and comply with legislation.
- Preparing health and safety strategies and developing internal policy.
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take account of all relevant hazards.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintaining a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry; Update the business accordingly.
- Attending Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) seminars if required.
- Advising on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Developing and implementing environmental strategies and action plans that ensure corporate sustainable development.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of the organisation, of the impact of emerging environmental issues, whether legislative or best practice, on corporate, ethical and social responsibility.
- Manage the development and implementation of an environmental management system.
- Manage relations with the group, senior management and internal staff.
- Provide training to staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities
- To liaise with Operations Manager, Senior Leadership Team and Production Management staff in assessing the need for change to the day to day activities of the factory, to ensure Best Practice manufacturing processes are in place and adhered too.
- Audit Staff Training records. Identify weaknesses in training compliance and accuracy. Create matrices for maintaining Core training and specialised skills training that allows easy visibility of current, pending and required training.
- Initiate a training plan for all qualified Train the Trainers with dedicated trainers allocated specific staff to train / re-train over a scheduled nine-month training window.
- Identify areas where efficiencies can be improved to increase production and lower per unit costs.
- Initiate KPI understanding, adherence and reporting with action plans in place to reduce / eradicate repeated failures to attain targets.
- Report as required to the senior leadership team, updating progress towards attaining set company objectives
- Inspect the workplace for potential hazards, identify potential hazards, assess the risks and report potential hazards.
- Conduct drills, such as fire drills, to ensure equipment is properly functioning and staff are aware of what to do in an emergency.
- Conduct investigations: respond to and investigate accidents and emergencies.
- Carry out risk assessments and considering how risks could be reduced.
- Carry out EHS audits to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Identify, advise and lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Maintain records of inspections findings and producing reports that suggest improvements.
- Maintain records of incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- To monitor health & safety performance and produce reports for Heads of Department, Board and H & S committee.
- Lead on sustainable procurement for all goods and services.
- Coordinate all aspects of pollution control, waste management, recycling, environmental health, conservation and renewable energy.
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and practices.
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
- Ensure the safe installation of equipment.
- Managing and organising the safe disposal of hazardous substances.
- Identify best practice and promote continual improvement throughout the company.
- Participating in environmental education and research.
- Negotiating environmental service agreements and managing associated costs and revenues.
- Writing environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company.
- Auditing, analysing and reporting environmental performance to internal and external clients and regulatory bodies.
- Carrying out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce the organisation’s environmental risks and financial costs.
- Produce management reports
- Review customer COP in relation to EHS to ensure compliance
- Lead 3rd party non-technical audits e.g. HSE, ethical, insurance as appropriate and close off resulting actions
- Liaise with HR regarding Occupational Health surveillance and pre-employment programs.
- Liaise with external bodies such as solicitors, fire authorities, HSE, insurance company as required.
- Proactively monitor the tasks and activities of contractors and audit their compliance to CDM
Ensure that the area of control is compliant with Health and Safety and Food
Safety legislation at all times, in line with the company documented H&S and
Ensure Risk Assessments and Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) practices are
in place, viable, current and have been trained against.
To Support the Production Management Teams in all areas.
To have a full and detailed knowledge of all manufacturing related quality
systems and procedures.
To have a working understanding of the Company Quality manual and
adhere to the Company Quality System at all times.
To be familiar with and practice any individual customer requirements
To maintain quality standards against specification and to highlight any
deviations from specification to the Quality Department.
Ensure a CAYG and General Housekeeping mind set is maintained in all
areas of the factory.
To ensure the security of all areas of control, including the control of damage
to equipment and the site in general, at all times.
To be aware of the lock up procedure for the site and ensure that it is
adhered to where appropriate.
- Continuous Improvement
To support operations and wider teams in promoting a culture of Continuous
Improvement within the manufacturing environment.
- a) material yields
- b) downtime recording
- c) line efficiencies
To ensure all staff are adequately trained in all compulsory safety, quality
and general manufacturing policies and work instructions.
Ensure the training/skills matrices are reviewed and maintained and report
when training is required
- A certificated professional/vocational qualification
- NEBOSH NGC
- IOSH membership and accreditation (minimum Tech IOSH required)
- CIWEM/ IEEM/ IEMA membership
- Appropriate experience and proven aptitude in health and safety and CI
- Abreast of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation, compliance, and reporting requirements
- Experience in areas such as fire prevention, environmental health, industrial hygiene, or safety
- Computer literate with working knowledge of computer applications/ Microsoft Office
- Food Hygiene Certificate Ideally Level 3 or Higher
- Lean Manufacturing Techniques
- A high standard of written and spoken communication skills in order to explain health and safety processes to a wide range of people and to give presentations to groups.
- Negotiating skills, to convince managers of the need to implement and maintain safety standards that may compromise speed or efficiency in the organisation;
- Show initiative, recognise emerging problems and pro-actively develop solutions.
- Ability to understand and analyse complex information and present it simply and accurately.
- An investigative mind.
- Attention to detail.
- An interest in the law and the ability to understand regulations.
- Well organised and disciplined
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.