Health & Safety Officer- 883972 – £30000
|The Health and Safety Officer is a strategic role supporting the business in ensuring a safe and healthy work environment in accordance with local legislation.
- Inspecting of working conditions and observance of legal regulations and rules of safety and fire protection in the workplace. Keeping relevant parties informed of identified hazards, along with recommendations to address these hazards.
- Investigating the circumstances and causes of accidents at work and fire incidents and developing conclusions arising from the investigation of the causes and circumstances of these accidents and occupational diseases, as well as the control of the implementation of these measures.
- Record keeping, collection and storage of documentation relating to fire protection, workplace accidents, occupational diseases and suspected cases of such diseases, as well as document retention of test results and measurement of harmful conditions in the workplace.
- Participation in the assessment of occupational risk related to the work performed.
- Collaboration with Occupational Health, organizing periodic medical examinations for employees.
- Consultation on legal regulations and HSE rules.
- Collaboration with appropriate organizational units or persons, in particular as regards organizing and providing adequate levels of Health & Safety and Fire Protection training and ensuring appropriate adaptation and on-boarding of newly recruited staff.
- Participating in the preparation of plans for the modernisation and development of the company and formulating proposals to include technical and organizational solutions in these plans to improve health and safety at work and fire protection within the Company.
- Promoting a Health and Safety culture within the company.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Occupational health and safety and at least 2 years of relevant work experience or NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational health and safety or University degree and at least 4 years of relevant work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and codes of practice.
- Possess and demonstrate passion for the job, the role, and the company
- Passionate about our industry and the role we play within the industry
- Demonstrate the ability to solve problems
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team and collaborate with others.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK