Finance Assistant – 884370
Overview of role
Primary responsibility for the Purchase Ledger (Accounts Payable) of the company, whilst operating within the finance team to support wider finance needs of the business.
Key point of contact for all supplier invoice queries, responsible for timely and accurate processing of Purchase Ledger.
Purchase Ledger duties:
- Processing high levels of varying value invoices from start to finish, including matching invoices to delivery note/purchase orders, price checking invoices to agreed matrix, obtaining correct authorisation from the management team to process invoice, keying invoice and filing invoice.
- Processing weekly and monthly payment runs to include sending remits and processing all outgoing supplier cheques.
- Reconciling statements in a timely manner and liaising with suppliers on queries.
- Posting and matching of all outgoing direct debit payments.
- Handling all invoice queries and disputes in a professional and timely manner.
- Handling all non-conformity claims in a professional and timely manner seeking to minimise cost to business.
- Building good relationships with suppliers and being the main point of contact for all payment issues while providing excellent service to both internal and external customers.
- Prepare Weekly Cost of Sales (COS) reporting for distribution to wider business team which will form part of weekly P&L reporting
- Running adhoc reports and completing data analysis as and when required.
- In a timely and accurate manner, close the purchase ledger at month end, providing details of any accruals required
- Undertaking nominal ledger activity review to confirm accuracy of postings.
- Ideally you will have a good level of education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs with a pass in Mathematics and English
- Experience using Sage line 50 would be advantageous, as would strong MS Excel skills
- Experience of working in a Transactional Finance role would be ideal but not essential.
- AAT qualification or part qualified with aspirations to continue studying to completion.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to all levels of seniority
- Excellent organizational skills – ability to plan own workload and deal with a variety of tasks on a daily basis
- Attention to detail and accuracy of work
- Excellent team working skills – desire to become a key part of the finance team and work together to create a successful and productive team
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.