Facilities and Maintenance Manager – 884186 – Up to £35000 DOE
This role is responsible for the preventative and reactive maintenance of the company’s retail estate and main bakery. Including equipment, buildings, grounds, vehicles and utility services.
- Manage a small team of maintenance personnel.
- Manage and co-ordinate a planned preventative maintenance schedule including negotiating and agreeing service/maintenance contracts with third parties where appropriate.
- Manage and prioritise any reactive maintenance requests as a result of equipment breakdowns or equipment performance problems.
- Manage the stock of critical spare parts for key equipment.
- Contribute towards service strategies such as premises development and improved facilities to operate within agreed budgets.
- Identify suitable contractors and maintain an “approved contractor” list.
- Ensure that all contractors provide and adhere to their written risk assessments and method statements and verify that invoicing and payments match the contract pricing
- Co-ordinate communication between multiple contractors if they are to be working on site at the same time ensuring that all parties are aware of each other’s activities.
- Manage and coordinate the Portable Appliance Testing (PAT) ensuring that an internal equipment register is maintained updated as appropriate.
- Manage and ensure that delivery vehicles and site transport are safe and legal at all times.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for maintenance, repair or renovation.
- To ensure that the equipment, fixtures and fittings in the company’s shops are maintained in good condition.
- To manage the company’s waste and recycling ensuring that waste to landfill is minimised, recycling is maximised and that any use of food waste complies with current legislation (e.g. conversion to animal feed, etc.)
- Review and monitor the company’s consumption of utilities and strive to minimize the consumption and the associated costs.
- Keep the grounds surrounding the company’s properties properly cared for.
- Ensure the security of the company’s properties by researching and implementing various security measures, such as surveillance CCTV cameras or security access doors
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations or other urgent issues involving company facilities.
Health & Safety
- Ensure the company complies with all current legislation in relation to health & safety including the maintenance of appropriate records.
- Review and develop all aspects of the company’s Health and Safety Policy and activity, and ensure that it is implemented consistently across the business.
- Work proactively with managers and other key staff to establish and maintain a programme of continuous improvement in the management of health and safety within their areas of responsibility, including conducting regular audits.
- Ensure that rigorous risk assessment and accident management systems are in place ensuring that hazards are readily identified and eliminated or that appropriate control measures are put in place.
- Maintain a central record of all risk assessments and accidents.
- Implement, maintain and review fire risk assessments including the co-ordination of fire alarm, emergency light testing along with staff evacuation drills
- Take the lead in the continuing development of robust, transparent health and safety systems and procedures.
- Develop and deliver in-house health and safety training where appropriate.
- Commit to the growth and maintenance of a positive risk management culture within the school; assisting staff where necessary.
- Ensure that employees are supplied with any protective equipment they may require, that they wear it correctly and that they maintain the equipment in good condition.
- To liaise with the production and retail departments to ensure that all parties are aware of any planned maintenance activity so that production plans or opening hours can be tailored, when necessary, to ensure organisational requirements are satisfied on time and in full.
- To provide the management team with statistical information relating to health and safety issues (e.g. accident analysis)
- Participate and contribute to the management team meetings to achieve the company’s strategic aims.
- Communicate with the management team as required regarding any planned or ongoing maintenance works or issues relating to health and safety and how these may impact upon the various company departments.
- Appraise employee performance using both the formal performance management system adopted by the business and other informal techniques to ensure that employees are trained and continually developed.
- Maintain conformance with company rules and regulations.
- Develop and instigate operating procedures for the efficient use of resources.
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.