Engineering Professional – South Wales OR South West
Responsible for completing a maintenance schedule, for fault diagnosis, and for problem solving, ensuring plant reliability and safety is kept to a maximum by the use of skill, knowledge and modern maintenance techniques within a highly technical production environment.
- Maintain all factory services, machinery and electrical equipment with due regard to safety and engineering guidelines, through the use Planned Maintenance Systems and Predictive Maintenance Techniques such as vibration analysis and thermal imaging.
- Record details of engineering maintenance on the frontline maintenance system and monitor the use of materials and spare parts, taking appropriate action when necessary to re-stock ensuring future availability.
- Identify engineering material requirements and authorise engineering materials from stock.
- Follow stock requisition and purchasing procedures.
- Carry out physical stock taking at pre-determined periods.
- Have a full working knowledge of all plant processes and safety requirements, providing safe systems of work.
- Work within the quality systems specified by the BRC Global Food Standard. Carrying out engineering/electrical activities as detailed in written work instructions, ensuring tasks are carried out according to the agreed safety, quality and hygiene standards.
- Supervise Contractor’s work to ensure compliance with the Contractors Hygiene, Health & Safety Rules.
- Comply with and promote company Health and Safety policies, procedures, SOPs, work instructions, notices and Permits to Work.
- NVQ level 3 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering (or equivalent City & Guilds or HNC) or equivalent
- Intermediate computer skills.
- 3 – 4 years experience of working within a similar environment.
- Experience of steam generation desirable
- Constant drive, enthusiasm and self motivation with ability to motivate others.
- Committed, disciplined and well organised.
- Accurate and timely reporting skills.
- Able to communicate effectively
OUR REFFERAL INCENTIVE
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.