Electrical Engineer – £Competitive – 884302
Our client is a fast-growing, ambitious business. Their heritage inspires as it is built on family values and innovation. They care deeply for their customers and enjoy helping their partners, friends and communities prosper, so together they create a sustainable healthier world.
- The PME supports the Factory ensuring that all preventive and reactive maintenance is carried out per instructions provided through IFS Service and Maintenance. The PME will endeavour to carry out preventive and reactive maintenance and that they is done ‘Right First Time’.
- All work done and any problems are reported back through IFS Service and Maintenance, communicating what was done, the duration of the work, and what spare parts were used to carry out the maintenance.
- The PME carries out all maintenance using the best practices to ensure reliable servicing and repairs whereby the processes are able to run on time ensuring downtime of any processes are kept to a minimum.
- At certain times the PME will support capital projects in the construction phase, and may be asked to learn the processes to gain specialist knowledge of the process.
- To carry out reliability centred maintenance and rebuild equipment using high technology tools and techniques that ensure reliable performance of that equipment
- To undertake preventive and reactive maintenance on all site processes as per planned maintenance schedule on IFS Service and Maintenance
- To attend and repair any breakdown on the process/plant. To endeavour to carry out the repair right first time with a methodical approach to fault finding.
- To readdress temporary repairs with a permanent solution.
- To use effective problem solving tools when problem solving process problems/faults as per training program.
- To work safely at all times, utilising the relevant Permit to Work and Hazard Awareness Forms complete with lock off systems in place. To wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as per requirements of area and task.
- To input data regarding all work carried out on Active Work Orders (Single Page Report In) on IFS Service and Maintenance
- To commence the Engineering Escalation Procedure when a process is stopped meeting the criteria of the procedure. Senior Engineers should be called on their house landlines as well as their mobile phones.
- To work to the ‘Clean-As-You-Go’ policy.
- Ensure engineering spares are removed from stock is done so to ensure that the engineering store(s) is kept tidy, and that and rubbish is removed to the bin. Part kits shall not be returned to store.
- Control contractors for out of hour’s works, ensuring permit to work and lock off is adhered too.
- Carry out reliability maintenance tasks as and when trained to do so.
- Support projects as and when required.
The role is 42 hours per week and follows a 12-hour shift pattern: two day shifts 7.00 am – 7.00 p.m.; followed by two days off and then three night shifts 7.00 pm – 7.00 a.m. which continues on a rotating system throughout the year.
- ONC Engineering or equivalent (minimum) in an electrical or mechanical discipline.
- Time served apprenticeship in an industrial environment
- 5 years’ experience in industry
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.