EHS Manager – 883952 – £30,000 – £35,000
Title: EHS Manager Reference: 883952
Location: South West Wales
Responsible for Health and Safety activities and Site Amenities. The role includes managing information required for both internal and external reporting requirements, liaison on compliance matters and monitoring the performance of the company in relation to key performance indicators for both Health and Safety and Site Amenities.
- Liaising with external agencies regarding environmental issues as required, for example Welsh Water, Environmental Agency.
- Reporting on environmental projects and environmental performance to Management.
- Communication of Environmental Legislation and requirements to site management where necessary.
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of environmental initiatives and projects at sites.
- Auditing and Report writing.
- Attendance and liaison with the local authorities and regulatory body where necessary.
- Ensuring the monitoring data is collected regularly and updated in the relevant spreadsheets: e.g. waste data, utility meter readings.
- Maintaining Contractor Briefing Record.
- Organising and undertaking water and effluent sampling as required.
- Ensuring maintenance and review of waste service level agreements and duty of care documentation.
- Ensuring waste material are removed from sites following the correct procedures, for example cardboard, plastic.
- Provide health and safety information on compliance/breaches to Factory Manager for use in the monthly health and safety meetings to assist site improvements and eliminate risks.
- Audit and monitor sites first aid control systems, train any new site first aiders on group policy.
- Ensuring SOP’s are up to date and available throughout the site and that systems of work documented are what happens in practice. Review SOP’s with Manager’s after any accidents, near misses or for process changes to ensure safe systems of work are in operation.
- Assisting site management with daily Health and Safety issues, monitoring completion and closing out of site safety audits
- Liaising with HSE, insurance, training and other statutory bodies on site related issues
- Ensuring all relevant information is updated on the Safety Management System
- Maintaining Health & Safety and hygiene standards in accordance with Company rules and regulations
- Ensuring that all staff and visitors in the department wear appropriate PPE at all times
Our Referral Incentive:
Due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our roles unfortunately we cannot respond to each application individually, therefore if you do not hear back from us you have not been shortlisted for this role. Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
We offer a £500 referral if you introduce someone we place – see our website for details – www.rp-ltd.com
We regret that this client is not prepared to sponsor work permit or work permit transfer applications. Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.